New Busa suspension parts are on the bike now

rotts4u

Registered
Today another box of swag showed up for the 08 busa and I had time to get the stuff bolted up so here is a quick preview and a few shitty photos else I will get ragged for not posting pics.

Everyone knows Brock Davidson's shop is noted for stuff like exhausts, tuning, AMA drag racing, monster Busa engines etc. But not a lot of people know that Brock is also a direct Ohlins USA distributor. In fact I orignally called Ohlins USA to see if they knew what shock went on the 08 busa and they pointed me to.... you guessed it, Brock.

So I called up Brock and told him I wanted to do a full rear shock and do something for the forks too. He had me yank the forks and ship them off since I am incapable of doing fork internal stuff and they did it there. They of course had me fill out a rider profile sheet on my weight, riding style, etc etc. A short time later and pow, my gear is here.

For the forks they did new springs, fluid and internals such as valves, washers pistons etc? ? To be honest I dont know a lot about fork internals but I cant wait to try them out this spring.

The rear shock is the 46PRCS which means remote pressurized hose mounted adjustment and piggyback reservoir and compression and rebound adjustment. I think it is also height adjustable too. I opted not to get the model up that has a seperate adjustment for high speed compression and rebound.And I also opted not to get the new super 2008 models of parts that are reported to be the best ever but also very $$. I'm just not that fast.

Of course I will not have a ride report anytime soon but here are some pics.

View attachment 1300345

View attachment 1300346

View attachment 1300347

View attachment 1300348

How much $

oh yeah
bowdown.gif

Are you a track junky?  
hello.gif

Ohlins makes some good stuff! I'm curious though, why you chose not to buy an ohlins rear shock to accompany your forks?

I'm guessing you spent around $600 on the forks and an additional $800 on the rear shock? No?

What springs did you get in the forks and what's your body weight? I think everyone would like to know a proper spring rate for body weight?

Congrats!

Are you a track junky?  
hello.gif

Ohlins makes some good stuff! I'm curious though, why you chose not to buy an ohlins rear shock to accompany your forks?

I'm guessing you spent around $600 on the forks and an additional $800 on the rear shock? No?

What springs did you get in the forks and what's your body weight? I think everyone would like to know a proper spring rate for body weight?

Congrats!
Actually I have never been on a track and I indicated that in my rider profile that I sent to Ohlins so this is not a track style set up.

That photo is of the Ohlins rear shock so I am not sure why you are asking me why I didnt get an Ohlins shock because I did and the photo is right there.

Then you said the shock likely cost $800 so I am not sure I understand what you were trying to say. The bottom line is I did get the fork kit and springs and a fully adjustable rear shock both by Ohlins

Don

how hard was it to set up the new rear shock/accessories? I need to look at a new rear shock for when I install the swingarm I got from canadian mike.... out to paint right now and still waiting for a few extra parts to arrive. any info would be great!

-Matt

Warchild is correct and the forks look identical to stock other than the decal. So there is nothing else to see. The rear shock goes on pretty easily if you can get the weight of the bike off the rear wheel. I had the farings off anyway front and rear so I jsut put a floor jack under the engine and used it to carry the weight.

The removed the dogbones off the rear linkage and then unbolted the shock and pulled the shock out the top.

Getting the new one in required some twisting around to get it in because it is shaped slightly different. Taking the battery out would have helped but I didnt.

Don

Sorry for the delay, but I finally got the pricing info.

The rear shock is $1206.25 and the fork kit INSTALLED by Ohlins was $730.25. The labor on the forks was $250 so if you are able to do the instal yourself you can save the labor fee.

ok thanks
laugh.gif

one question, better now with the internal ohlins, really big difference....
wowold.gif
rock.gif

with the stock version, for me it's ok
sadnews.gif

Back