Shift Light

Bahrain

Registered
Im using the maual book that comes with the bike to activate the shift light but no luck. am i doing something wrong or is there something i should know of.

Thanks in advance

Hold the set button, then turn on the ignition, continue to hold set button for a few more seconds to enter the shift light mode

something like that

Send me a PM if you can't get it figured out. I just reset mine after break-in. I don't have it memorized but I did it without the manual.

THE OWNERS MANUAL GIVES YOU A STEP BY STEP . PEICE OF CAKE .
smile.gif

i did exactly what the manual said with no luck.

does the modes(A,B,C) have to do anything with the shift light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Push and hold sel button and then turn the ignition switch on
Hold sel button until the selection mode shifts
Three parameters can be adjusted:
lighting mode tap adj ....light bink ,not blink , no light
light brightness tap adj..... button 1-5 times 5 being brightest
Preset engine rpm youll see RPM needle move to 5k-7k what ever was preset at factory and by tapping adj button it will rise in increments of 250rpm
select desired RPM
When set you'll have a small lightning bolt Icon on gauge

guys its not what it is in the manual so dont just copy paste what in the manual believe me it wont work, just like busa159 said
"press and hold the left button
turn the ignition on continue to hold the button down until the instrument panel comes all the way on.
release the left button
push the right button one time
a symbol that resembles a lighning bolt will appear.
pushing the right button again will toggle you through the shift light settings--- on, flash or off.
now use the left button again one time
little dots or squares appear - this is the brightness setting for the shift lamp.
use the right button to add more dots - more dots brighter lamp
push left button again- tach needle will move to default setting."

I found it was real easy to do and when I tried to set mines I found that it was already set to 10k and to the brightest setting as well
bowdown.gif

I did not even know I had a shift light on the bike but because of Bahrain asking I do now and it works fine. Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!!
bowdown.gif

Back