Took my 08 busa out today

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Was a 45 degree day here in the Great Northwest this afternoon. First decent day for riding since I bought the beast in December.

I began with a gingerly pace to warm the tires a bit. Not that I expected them to heat up on such a chilly day, but warm is a relative term. I tested the roll on in 1st gear and she does a very nice job of gently lifting the front tire as the RPM reaches 6K. SWEET, I say. Lift her up about knee high and shift to 2nd and keep her up slightly until the RPM reaches about 9500 and as the torque bleeds off the front tire settles back to earth. Now I've got this big ****-eatin-grin on my face from ear to ear. This thing shifts soooooooooo smooth. Even though I do need to adjust the shifter a bit.

After a little fun with the new toy straight up and down, I head off to one of my favorite twisty back roads. The roads were nice and dry but too cold to really rock and roll. But I did get her over enough to touch a knee a few times even though I know better on cold pavement.

What really got my attention was the amount of midrange torque this beast posesses. Two MM to much throttle would spin up the rear on corner exits leaving a nice little darky for some thirty feet or so. If it didn't break the tire loose it wanted to lift the front. If you've ever had the front in the air while still in a 20 degree lean on a two lane road it makes you run really wide. Head shake on touch down comes with the turf. She seem to shake it off every time and never once got squirrelly.

I have not touched the suspension and I found it to be fairly pleasing in it's factory form. Far superior to the first generation. She seem to enjoy the corners as all it took was looking through the corner, thinking about turning and she fell in like a thousand dollar prostitute on a warm summer night. How much sweeter can it get?

Well, it does get sweeter. On my way back home I had to test the big girls wheelie skills. With a bump of the clutch in 1st gear, the front tire came smoothly up to 10:30, a quick shift into 2nd with a little added throttle she did her thing flawlessly and balanced on the BTO15 like a seal at the circus balancing a beach ball. I was quickly running out of straight road so I sat her down gently with a little additional throttle. I squeezed the tank with my knees and applied the SBS Sinter Grip Race pads, with help from the Galfer steel lines, lifted the family jewels up on the tank with a thrust of my thighs as I felt the forks bottom out with all entent of lofting the rear tire up high enough to mount a shetland pony (Here's were the fun ended) the rear tire remained planted and the front tire locked up tight. She squeeled like a stuck pig and the front tried to tuck. A very quick release of the brake kept us from testing her rash ability. I was dumb enough to give her another couple tries with the same results. She just wasn't the least bit interested in lifting the rear tire on such a chilly day. To her credit, I had 34 psi cold in both tires and that was a bit much on such a chilly ride.

When I got her safely tucked into her warm cozy garage, got out of my leathers, poured a glass of wine and looked at her with a mesmerized look on my face and thought to myself, what a fantastic piece of technology we have here. This may indeed be the very best all around motorbike ever built? I think I'm in love!  
heart.gif

For you fellas who have not had the chance to take your new toy out on the back road twisties yet, this beast is a hand full if you ride agressively. Throttle when accompanied with lean angle can get hairy quick. This big girl was definately not designed with beginners in mind. Treat her with respect or she will put your arse in the bushes  
beerchug.gif

You guys have to stop writing stuff like this.  It just isn't fair.  I bought my new Orange/black (the fastest color) Busa in November.  Still haven't been able to throw a leg over her due to weather and work (mostly weather here in PA).  So it just isn't fair to have to read this stuff.  Tell me the bike sucks or something.  I hate knowing I spent almost $12K on something that so far is just a garage ornament!!!!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You guys have to stop writing stuff like this. It just isn't fair. I bought my new Orange/black (the fastest color) Busa in November. Still haven't been able to throw a leg over her due to weather and work (mostly weather here in PA). So it just isn't fair to have to read this stuff. Tell me the bike sucks or something. I hate knowing I spent almost $12K on something that so far is just a garage ornament!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry do re-enforce what these guys have said about the Gen II. They are right....still love the Gen I. Gen II just does it better......
jump9.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

thank god i have managed to put exactly 1001 km on the ODO in a matter of 20 days,not bad.
im gonna take it for the first oil change in the next few days,weather just turned today and its snowing like crazy
@tufbusa great write out  
thumb_up.gif

Yea, had mine out for a short little run about a month ago. The only problem for me was the pain---THE PAIN---of my face hurting so much from the big, huge grin that was plaster on my mug!
peace.gif

Was a 45 degree day here in the Great Northwest this afternoon. First decent day for riding since I bought the beast in December.

I began with a gingerly pace to warm the tires a bit. Not that I expected them to heat up on such a chilly day, but warm is a relative term. I tested the roll on in 1st gear and she does a very nice job of gently lifting the front tire as the RPM reaches 6K. SWEET, I say. Lift her up about knee high and shift to 2nd and keep her up slightly until the RPM reaches about 9500 and as the torque bleeds off the front tire settles back to earth. Now I've got this big ****-eatin-grin on my face from ear to ear. This thing shifts soooooooooo smooth. Even though I do need to adjust the shifter a bit.

After a little fun with the new toy straight up and down, I head off to one of my favorite twisty back roads. The roads were nice and dry but too cold to really rock and roll. But I did get her over enough to touch a knee a few times even though I know better on cold pavement.

What really got my attention was the amount of midrange torque this beast posesses. Two MM to much throttle would spin up the rear on corner exits leaving a nice little darky for some thirty feet or so. If it didn't break the tire loose it wanted to lift the front. If you've ever had the front in the air while still in a 20 degree lean on a two lane road it makes you run really wide. Head shake on touch down comes with the turf. She seem to shake it off every time and never once got squirrelly.

I have not touched the suspension and I found it to be fairly pleasing in it's factory form. Far superior to the first generation. She seem to enjoy the corners as all it took was looking through the corner, thinking about turning and she fell in like a thousand dollar prostitute on a warm summer night. How much sweeter can it get?

Well, it does get sweeter. On my way back home I had to test the big girls wheelie skills. With a bump of the clutch in 1st gear, the front tire came smoothly up to 10:30, a quick shift into 2nd with a little added throttle she did her thing flawlessly and balanced on the BTO15 like a seal at the circus balancing a beach ball. I was quickly running out of straight road so I sat her down gently with a little additional throttle. I squeezed the tank with my knees and applied the SBS Sinter Grip Race pads, with help from the Galfer steel lines, lifted the family jewels up on the tank with a thrust of my thighs as I felt the forks bottom out with all entent of lofting the rear tire up high enough to mount a shetland pony (Here's were the fun ended) the rear tire remained planted and the front tire locked up tight. She squeeled like a stuck pig and the front tried to tuck. A very quick release of the brake kept us from testing her rash ability. I was dumb enough to give her another couple tries with the same results. She just wasn't the least bit interested in lifting the rear tire on such a chilly day. To her credit, I had 34 psi cold in both tires and that was a bit much on such a chilly ride.

When I got her safely tucked into her warm cozy garage, got out of my leathers, poured a glass of wine and looked at her with a mesmerized look on my face and thought to myself, what a fantastic piece of technology we have here. This may indeed be the very best all around motorbike ever built? I think I'm in love!  
heart.gif

For you fellas who have not had the chance to take your new toy out on the back road twisties yet, this beast is a hand full if you ride agressively. Throttle when accompanied with lean angle can get hairy quick. This big girl was definately not designed with beginners in mind. Treat her with respect or she will put your arse in the bushes  
beerchug.gif
daayuuummm man you gotta lotta words. thats what i mean't when i said the 08 was daylight and dark difference. good reading , and could see the grin on your face in the words.
laugh.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

When I got her safely tucked into her warm cozy garage, got out my leathers, ( I opened a bottle of beer ) and looked at her with a mesmerized look on my face and thought to myself, what a fantastic piece of technology we have here. This may indeed be the very best all around motorbike ever built? I think I'm in love!

"Deja vu"

Excact same thoughts you just written it so well

Here was only 4 deg celcius But didnt care still got about 150 miles on the clock.

... gently lifting the front tire as the RPM reaches 6K...and shift to 2nd and keep her up slightly until the RPM reaches about 9500 and as the torque bleeds off the front tire settles back to earth.  
beerchug.gif
I loved the wite up.

I'm wondering about the dreaded Second Gear issue. with the 08s.

I guess only time will tell.

Now, no more of this writting until Spring, reaches all of us.

smile.gif

Back