Current GSXR owner looking to buy 08 BUSA

bgrishkevich

Registered
I currently own an 07 GSXR1000. Love the bike but want something more stable for 2-up riding and better wind protection/comfort. I rode the first Gen Busa and was not comfortable with the handling. Can I get some feedback from those of you who have rode/owned both GEN 1 busa and 08) as I am looking to purchase 08 Black Busa this week. Thanks

I've owned a number of busa's and enjoyed them all. I too, puchased a new black 08 in December. I added an M4 full exhaust and dyno tune. I took it out for the first time yesterday afternoon. I found the new generation busa to handle considerably better than the older version. Power is exceptional. I'll have to learn to ride this beast all over again. It is so strong it wants to spin the wheel or loft the front tire on corner exits. Made me very cautious with the cold pavement, OAT (Outside Air Temperature) was 45 degrees. I could smell a highside.

Sweet ride my man. Very Sweet Ride!

While I never have road an old busa I do have an 08 busa and an 06 1k gixxer. I am plenty happy with the way it(the 08) handles and the way the suspension smooths out the bumpy roads. It feels great to me and I doubt you will be disappointed. Good luck, Bob.

Can speak on the new Gen2 cause I've not had a chance to ride it yet.  I do however have a very nice Gen1 4-sale just up the road from you if you change your mind and have any interest.

Welcome to the board, and lets get some warm weather so we all can start hittting the "NEW" Quaker Steak and Lube for some bike nights.  
beerchug.gif

Click HERE

Personal opinion, if you like your liter bike, keep it and buy and ST1300 for 2 up. Your passenger will like you much more than on a busa. Nothing wrong with a busa if you feel the busa is the right bike for you. However if you are looking for it as a good "hauler", there are much better candidates available.

welcome.gif
to the .oRg!!   What was it about the Gen 1 that you disliked?
Vague front end feel...Turning issues. I want to go down to 1 bike garage as I have a recent addition (8 wk old baby girl) so having a GSXR1000 and tour sport bike no longer makes sense. I just sold my BMW K1200 LT. I want 1 bike to ride sunday mornings in southern ohio blasting with the guys and occasionally take the wife to lunch/dinner or short evening rides when the kids have sitters. Wife sat on back of new busa in the shop and she liked it. Thanks for any/all feedback.

Personal opinion, if you like your liter bike, keep it and buy and ST1300 for 2 up. Your passenger will like you much more than on a busa. Nothing wrong with a busa if you feel the busa is the right bike for you. However if you are looking for it as a good "hauler", there are much better candidates available.
Listen to this advice!

I went from an 03 Busa to the K5 GSXR1000 and back on an 07 Busa, and if I could afford it I would have a 1000 and a Busa and a FJR1300 or Concours14

The 1000 would crush the Busa from a 60mph Roll on in 6th gear
for example........
I picked 2 road signs to test my roll on's between...
K5 GSXR1000 50MPH to 90MPH between the signs....
03 & 07 Hayabusa 50MPH to 78MPH between the signs....
NO CONTEST.......

Now on the Dragstrip....
My K5 GSXR1000 My best of 11.00 at 136mph with a 1.94 60foot time.
My 07 Busa.....my best of 10.93 at 134MPH with a 1.97 60foot time.

And the 1000 was a wheelie machine!
In trafic the 1000 would just leave anything behind with just a twist of the wrist....
The busa requiers a downshift into 5th to do the same.........as well as between my
2 favorite signs that I test roll on's.....

IMO you can`t exspect a busa to handle like a 1k , i have both and nothing i`ve ever rode can match my 1k for the back roads or instant speed but on he other hand i wouldn`t want to ride my 1k on a long ride...thats what i have my busa for, it`s comfy and still real fast and can get down the back roads pretty darn good for a bigger bike.
2cents.gif

IMO you can`t exspect a busa to handle like a 1k , i have both and nothing i`ve ever rode can match my 1k for the back roads or instant speed but on he other hand i wouldn`t want to ride my 1k on a long ride...thats what i have my busa for, it`s comfy and still real fast and can get down the back roads pretty darn good for a bigger bike.  
2cents.gif
Agreed..............That is why I am back on the Busa!
It is what it is.

And it is smooth and takes bumps like a caddy-lac!

Listen to this advice!

I went from an 03 Busa to the K5 GSXR1000 and back on an 07 Busa, and if I could afford it I would have a 1000 and a Busa and a FJR1300 or Concours14

for example........
NO CONTEST.......

Now on the Dragstrip....
Thanks for feedback. I am still looking for additional feedback from those on 08 Busa, as I will head out today to look at/purchase 08 Busa.I am suprised that the GSXR out accelerates the Busa in top gears??

I'm not sure about Repent's tests?

I have owned lots of gixxers as well as busas and have not been without both in the garage for years. I had both 05 & 06 gixxers. My son is a better than average rider and an avid road racer. He and I had lots of fun with him on the gixxer 1K and me on my beloved busa. What I found was these two machines are just about as equally matched as it gets until the new generation busa arrived. I could usually out pull him on the busa but never by much. Maybe a couple bike lengths but he could never quite get past me on a straight hard pull from any speed or any gear. Now hit the twisties and the tables were instantly turned.

Now I have the fire breathing 08 as well as a pair of GSXR1K's (07), one in track form and one in stock form. It will be fun to take the two out for more fun and games but I have a feeling the new busa will leave no doubt in the straight line accelleration department who is the big boy on the block.

My wife LOVES riding on the back of the Busa.... After about 45 minutes though, we have to stop and stretch, but that's about the only complaint. Its very stable for 2-up riding, and there are so many accessories out there that you can customize it to your liking.

DSC01860__Medium_.jpg

The Busa is a tremendous sports cruiser, never had anything but praise from my riding buddies, talking 1K + rides. Also you can make suspension adjustments if the handling isn't there for you and with time your chicken strips will disappear.

Listen to this advice!

for example........
NO CONTEST.......

Now on the Dragstrip....
Thanks for feedback. I am still looking for additional feedback from those on 08 Busa, as I will head out today to look at/purchase 08 Busa.I am suprised that the GSXR out accelerates the Busa in top gears??
I doubt it is true also.... I have run along side a couple Gixxer 1000's and they both had to downshift to stay with the bike.. Maybe with there is something else to this but on the surface, all I saw was headlights
smile.gif

Get an 08 Busa and have a Corbin passenger back rest fitted to it. When riding solo you can use the cowl. When the wife ride with you the back rest will help keep the Busa from spitting her off the back when you are tempted by the torque.

If she doesn't like sitting on the Busa very long you can get an FJR. Very competent in the corners, and one of the most comfortable sport-tour bikes out there for a passenger. I would choose the FJR over the ST1300 because it's a bit lighter and more nimble.

I did have an 04 Busa. I also had an 07 FJR. I currently have an 08 Busa. The 08 handles much more like the 07 1K than the Gen I. The 1K is lighter so physics favors it in the corners, but the Gen II Busa is nothing to sneeze at in the corners. Grip is the question here. I can only have one bike right now (personal reasons)so the 08 Busa is it. When I can add another to the stable it will be another FJR and an adventure bike.

Back