Report your 2008 Busa issues to Feds

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
All,
Spoke to a "friend" behind the veil of the Fed, he sent me the link after he looked around this site for a while, he STRONGLY suggests that all members currently having FI Light issues with the K8 or other issues (legitemate) to file the complaints at the site below for the NHTSA. Unless we file them, they won't investigate them, I did a search on the site and have not seen one documented complaint (unless I missed it) Waterbug, I would assume you did yours already? FYI once the complaints are investiagted ADN regsitered it is MUCH easier to enforce the Lemon laws in your state. Looks like there's only one way to deal with Suzuki  
spank.gif

Just doing my part for the Org. let me know if this helps.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

From the NHTSA website

What Is a safety-related defect?
The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as "the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle."￾ A defect includes "any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment."￾ Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:

poses an risk to motor vehicle safety, and
may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture, or items of equipment of the same type and manufacture.
How can I report a safety problem to NHTSA?
If you think your vehicle or equipment may have a safety defect, reporting it to NHTSA is an important first step to take to get the situation remedied and make our roads safer. If the agency receives similar reports from a number of people about the same product, this could indicate that a safety-related defect may exist that would warrant the opening of an investigation. In order to make it convenient for consumers to report any suspected safety defects to NHTSA, the agency offers three ways to file such complaints.

BTW, my intent is to gather the count of people who have filed and speak with the NHTSA personally to convey the urgency of this matter, with that said, if you file please append your name to this thread so we can keep track of the number of complaints and flex the muscle. This will be the ONLY way WE have to track the fact that we are trying to do something about it.
beerchug.gif

Good info my Brother... But, I want to give the Mfg the chance to do the right thing and fix my problem. They have stepped up to the plate and I'm giving them a chance to right a wrong. Now in the event this turns south you can bet I'm going to lodge a complaint.
beerchug.gif

Waterbug- I will defer to your advice, but should we encourage members to document these issues anyways? It seems the problem now is systemic in nature. It seems many people just on the Org are having issues, who knows about the ones that we don't interact with! I just thought it would be easier to support any future problems that may develop for members by at least logging the problems with the correct authority, many people will log many miles once the weather clears, once that "magic" number usually stated on Lemon Laws( 15,000 miles 15 months etc) expires what then? It would seem that Suzuki should issue at minimum a TSB to cover folks who will surpass their warranties through mileage quickly...your thoughts?
umnik.gif

Generally a SB is issued after a Mfg sees a rise in the number of incidents overlooked/missed by a maintenence/service type repair manual. My guess is that the updates will be provided to the shops supported by Suzuki in a timely manor. If not were right back to square one and I'm on the list. Still very good info and again if they were ignoring me I would be all over this.

Case in point and Warchild can verify. The 07 FJR had major problems with altitude surging. Some worse than others. This problem was tracked across the US via the forum. I can't remember how many pages of issues it was but it was lengthy.

Yamaha kept tight lipped about it then a Service Bulletin was issued and members posted the number. I called my dealer before they even received the bulletin. Yamaha replaced the ECU at no cost (around $385 each) and all is well. Never ran better.

Suzuki knows of this already I bet and working on a fix. It will be made right either at the Dealer or via Service Bulletin if needed. The wheels just turn slowly.

r8

You'll all forgive me as my prior job had me working as a Quality Mgr for one our big OEM's in the country, having that type of job makes you finicky about what you're willing to accept and not from a Manufacturer, my point, is that there are MANY people who will never join, see or hear about the Org(sadly cause I think it's the shiz) BUT they would probably look up the phrase "2008 Suzuki Hayabusa recalls"
google.gif
and would hit on the topic from the NHTSA site, I'm not a warmonger, I do hope that Suzuki owns up to the issues and fixes them, but let's talk sense here, a "Manufacturer's Defect" affecting by symptom, multiple units merits investigation and in fact is deserving of "recall" or "tsb" status to protect the consumer, as we all know and as it was already stated, the OEM's take FOREVER to even admit there's a problem, the question is, how many of you are willing to just shrug it off, like Bogus said 2nd gear? Personally I haven't put over 100 on mine yet cause of the weather, but, if the FI light comes on I will be posting a request for investigation of the issue, so I don't get left out in the cold, without a functional bike that works like I paid for, thats my 0.02 cents! Again, I was just tryin to help

Suzuki knows of this already I bet and working on a fix. It will be made right either at the Dealer or via Service Bulletin if needed. The wheels just turn slowly.
Correct.

I have already contacted a few ferrets of mine in Brea, California... the FI light problem is not a widespread one. Though I'm sure that's probably little comfort to Waterbug.

The false neutral issue, however, is another matter.

Well, the info is there if anybody wants to use it, if you need any help let me know.
beerchug.gif

well if I was one of the poor guys that had to pay for second gear failure, I would certainly file just to have my name on the rolls... not unusual for the reimbursements go back 5 or more years on a problem that is determined to be "manufacture" related... (ask any Olds Diesel owner)

well if I was one of the poor guys that had to pay for second gear failure, I would certainly file just to have my name on the rolls...   not unusual for the reimbursements go back 5 or more years on a problem that is determined to be "manufacture" related...  (ask any Olds Diesel owner)
My point exactly Bogus...creation of the documentation, substantiated by data, could very feasibly protect us all in the long run should problems develop. That's all I'm tryin to do bro educate the masses  
ThumbsUp.gif

idea3.gif
My best example is with my wife's Mazda RX8, problems problems and well after the warranty expires ALL the TSB's come out, like 3 to 4 years later after many, many people have passed the warranty, FYI, look it up gang, just because a TSB is issued does NOT mean they have to honor the work IF the vehicle is PAST the "warranty" mileage, yes thats usually the fine print, however, if logged with the NHTSA then it is part of a "campaign" that the NHTSA can use to influence the OEM to extend warranty or add exceptions to a model year for emerging conditions. Can I get an Amen!
please.gif

well if I was one of the poor guys that had to pay for second gear failure, I would certainly file just to have my name on the rolls...   not unusual for the reimbursements go back 5 or more years on a problem that is determined to be "manufacture" related...  (ask any Olds Diesel owner)
Or Caddy! El Dorado comes to mind. Shot @ 50,000 miles.

r8

beerchug.gif
Ok I won't mention the fact that i used to work for GM..oops
crazy.gif
did I say that or was I just thinking it.
rofl.gif
seriuosly Bug, it was your drama over the K8 that got me motivated to ook deeper at some resolution, but I think some precaution seeing the many reports of problems here is prudent. Long live the Org!
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
crazy.gif
rofl.gif
seriuosly Bug, it was your drama over the K8 that got me motivated to ook deeper at some resolution, but I think some precaution seeing the many reports of problems here is prudent. Long live the Org!
bowdown.gif
I was heavy line for GM when the 5.7 hit the ground smoking.... I REFUSED to go to "diesel" school.. had already seen the inside of the motors and the crystallized cylinder heads.. no way to fix them... They can not make you work on anything you did not certify in at that time
whistling.gif

bad bores on the 6.2, crap cams on the 305 and I bought 4 Eldo's with blown 5.7 motors, made a killing converting them to gas engines...

beerchug.gif
crazy.gif
rofl.gif
bowdown.gif
I was heavy line for GM when the 5.7 hit the ground smoking....  I REFUSED to go to "diesel" school..  had already seen the inside of the motors and the crystallized cylinder heads.. no way to fix them...  They can not make you work on anything you did not certify in at that time
whistling.gif

bad bores on the 6.2, crap cams on the 305    and I bought 4 Eldo's with blown 5.7 motors, made a killing converting them to gas engines...
Yup. Those Eldo's were junk.

r8

Back