The Saga Continues...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Got that call from the Busa Doctor a couple of days ago and finally went to see the ole girl at the hospital. Wasn't a pretty site but the Doc told me she was alright now....... NOT, didn't make it 3 miles and the FI light came right back on. Turned around and took it straight back to the Doc (Dealer). They are going to have to call Suzuki on Tuesday to try and figure this one out, I'll keep everyone posted as things develope. In the meantime ol blue is getting a lot of saddle time.

Recap for those of you not up to speed with my 08 Busa.

FI light comes on and stays on in everygear where the rpm exceeds 5k or so...
This light will remain on until the bike is restarted. Performance other than the mental side of things doesn't appear to be affected. But, with less than 400 miles on the bike can be a real Debbie Downer. So far the code (?) revealed that the secondaries were bad on the number three cylinder. A quick check of them with an ohm meter suggested that was the culprit. Replaced them and hit the road only to discover the exact same problem. Now suspect the ECU as the source of the problem. Will keep everyone posted as things develope!

If the performance is not affected, the ECU seems like a good bet, according to my experience with cars. Hope you get her back soon
smile.gif

Thanks for all the words of encouragement..... Oh, I've been told this is my punishment for joking about having the first Busa!
guns.gif

i hope they can find the problem and you can get her fixed up soon...i know you are wanting to do something besides go see her at the dealership
beerchug.gif

That sux, I'd be pizzed! Now you have to thru the rest of the journey wondering if you got the Lemon...
Makes wou could trade it in on a new, new one!!
beerchug.gif

I feel your pain Bro. I wish motorcycles were subject to lemon laws the way cars are.  
banghead.gif
3 strikes and your out.

i'd be hot!!!!!! they should of called suzuki in the 1st place,if you wanted a work bike you'd of bought a harley. good luck!!! btw do you ever ride to cassoday?

Sonny,

Call Suzuki yourself...give them one more chance to fix the bike. If they can't,
tell them to pick up "their POS"...time to take the gloves off Bro. File a complaint
with them and document it...sounds like you got a bad one.

Back