GPR V4

scoop08

Registered
Just had some knowledge imparted upon me that the GSXR 1000 has a steering damper that adjusts for conditions and the Busa has a damper that dampens without any adjustments available. I would like to put the new GPR V4 to a long term test on my bike. Anyone know if this product fits yet?

bluegrab.gif

soon.......it's being worked on now.
Without going into details, they should be available very soon.

zumo_gpr.JPG

I made it from a piece of aluminum (flat) about 1" x 3" drilled a hole, took a ram ball with the two hole flat plate and removed one side just used one bolt to attach to the 1x3 piece. Attached it on the bottom of the top left bar plate. The GPR plate is from a Gen one. Just spaces it .180 om the top bolts and .60 on the bottom two bolts. This leaves an small gap between the busa plate and the gpr plate.

I am making another to mount the Zumo from the gas cap ring. Because................there is high freq vibration at the steering head and zero vibration at the tank.
I have this set up on the 2006 Busa and the Zumo likes it much better when using the MP3 player.
Sometimes i lose sound in one ear speaker with the steering head mount. Not on the tank mount. Slight pressure to the lower left corner of the zumo and the stereo sound returns.

I keep a small tube of dielectric grease around to treat the contacts on the bottom of the zumo and this seems to help.

Part of the problem may be the mount itself (riding in the rain one day). I removed the Zumo when it began raining, probably should have removed the mount (hind sight). Even with the rubber cover a small amount of water got in the contacts in the cradle, this was evident from the greenish tint (which appeared a couple days later) on two of them on the lower left of the contact row. I sprayed it with contact cleaner and the green tint was gone. The problem recurs on the steering head mount. (not all the time) It just does it to piss me off once in awhile.

Before I buy another Zumo cradle ($75) I will try a tank mount.

Just something to think about if you experience any problems.

bump.gif

any new news on the 2008 mount? I wonder how it will play out with an aftermarket triple tree since they are flatter on top.

call GPR, they now have the 08 plate. The last time I looked their web site had not been updated for the 08.
I have one on mine now.

beerchug.gif

Back