Hard shifting

Rigsbyco

Registered
Has anyone hade a problem shifting from 3rd to 4th and sometimes from neutral to first???
wtf.gif

Sometimes it does not step into first from nutral. Release the clutch once,(spins the clutch basket) pull it back in & it should drop. this seems to be normal operation.

3rd to 4th??? these tranny's are ultra smooth...maybe some different oil would help you. good luck!

Sometimes it does not step into first from nutral. Release the clutch once,(spins the clutch basket) pull it back in & it should drop. this seems to be normal operation.

3rd to 4th??? these tranny's are ultra smooth...maybe some different oil would help you.  good luck!
+1

i was able to get mine out for about 150 miles yesterday here's what mine did, 3-4 times it would not go into gear from nuetral to 1st (had to rock it back and forth/let clutch out try again),3 diffrent times while shifting it would go to nuetral when shifting from 1st to 2nd,and last but not least it hung up shifting from 5th to 6th a time or two.i'm surprised that this bike is doing this because it shifts so well,i started preloading the shifter before upshifting and that seemed to help,i think some more miles will help to.

check your chain I bet its loose and unloading the trans before you can up shift. just a guess.
ya i checked the chain and have my levers adjusted for me, everything is in check,the only three bikes iv ever had shifting were my 2000 busa,2003 busa,and now my 2008 busa.iv ridden sportbikes for 18 yrs and these bikes are the only ones iv had shifting troubles with.

3rd to 4th??? these tranny's are ultra smooth...maybe some different oil would help you.  good luck!
Yep, that's the ticket! I figured that out on my '08 in my driveway a few weeks ago. Works all the time when she gets stuck in neutral.

URBAN COWBOY

I've had three Busa's and have and the only real problem i've had is keeping my speed down. Maybe there is a "bad" batch of bikes out there.....but in the case that there isn't maybe some self check might help?! It can't be three different busa's and three different years. Just some constructive observation
dunno.gif

4got to state that I just used the 3 busa same problem as an example Tourbus. More of a blanket statement!

4got to state that I just used the 3 busa same problem as an example Tourbus.  More of a blanket statement!
i agree with you to some extent...... however i have a 1993 zx-11 that i have no problems shifting and the 07 zx-10 i just traded for my 08 busa had no problems either,i should clarify that the problems with my 00-03 busa's were the 5th to 6th gear change which i know is a widespread problem. i'm hoping a few thousand miles will get my new busa's tranny working better.

This happened to me when I picked up my 05 'Busa. I mentioned it to the mechanic hat did the first service and he took off the gear lever arm and re-greased it. It was kinda dry. After that the problem disappeared utterly and never returned.
thumb_up.gif

Sometimes I have trouble going from 1st to 2nd, it gets stuck in Neutral. Pisses me off, a few times I had to stop the bike because it wouldn't shift into either 1st or 2nd then, only till I stopped.

Sometimes I have trouble going from 1st to 2nd, it gets stuck in Neutral. Pisses me off, a few times I had to stop the bike because it wouldn't shift into either 1st or 2nd then, only till I stopped.
Doesn't shift quite like the kawi does it
laugh.gif
winkold.gif
Ive NEVER missed a shift on the 14...it pretty much shifts itself
thumb_up.gif

Although the busa has a shorter throw between gears...which I like. Ive actually had my 14 pull itself INTO gear on a weak shift where the busa woulda popped out. The busa will shift better with age tho
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Never had trouble shifting from 3rd to 4th until I got a new pair of boots. I found that my boot was not letting the shifter all the way back down. I have adjusted the shifter up a bit and problem has disappeared.

Back