High speed

qtyson98

Registered
dunno.gif
When i get up to and past about 150mph or better I get a uncomfortable lil "shimmy" or wobble as if i hit a big wind gust off the highway. This happens alot @ high speeds since I got my 08. I try to tuck in as much as I can when this happens and seems to go away. I didn't have this prob with my 00 busa and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same with the 08. Before anyone asks I have already checked tire pressure and I have been riding and racing over 27 yrs. it happens more consistently when I'm changing lanes over 150 mph

Mine is very stable at all speeds.

Check the following or better yet since its an 08 have dealer do it.

Head/fork bearings
wheel alignment
Defective tires

Good luck
havent seen any other complaints about instability.
I would take this very serious

The other thig you should check (cause it happened to me) is your rotor bolts. Take your rotors off make sure there is not a little debri under neath them and tighten all the rotor bolts evenly. This cleared up my wobble at 110. Couldn't hurt.

it happens more consistently when I'm changing lanes over 150 mph
rock.gif

You mean changing racing lines.... or changing lanes on the street @ 150mph?
dunno.gif

Note the bodyline aerodynamics of the K8 are (purportedly) a little better than the Gen I Busa, so what may have not been an issue on the old bodywork, may reveal itself with the new body work.

And at those speeds, it doesn't take much to induce an airflow dynamic that may not have been present on the old bodywork. The fact that you say it dissipates when you tuck in more seems to suggest this might be the case for your particular situation.

Sure hope you are doing these runs on an appropriately deserted, desolate back-road. Private property would be even better.
sadnews.gif

Mine does this also.. I think it may be because of the swingarm licens plate I have since I had to loosen up the rear axle bolt and slide the plate clamp on there.. Dunno tho.. Gonna have the dealer check when I bring it in for spring oil change

Mine is an 06

Mine is very stable at all speeds.

Check the following or better yet since its an 08 have dealer do it.

Head/fork bearings
wheel alignment
Defective tires

Good luck
havent seen any other complaints about instability.
I would take this very serious
That's some good advise I will take it back to the dealer. I see this may be isolated to just my bike and belive it or not that's what I was hoping for because it may be repairable
super.gif

Warchild, it was on a 4 lane highway here in ATL and that's how most of us get down.
firedevil.gif
  It's the kinda wobble you would expect from a wind gush but there was not much at all and it's happend at more the one occassion on different days with different weather. I'm gonna take it to the dealer and let them take it out and see if it happens to them. It should be covered in the warranty since it's new.

Warchild, it was on a 4 lane highway here in ATL
Ah.... Atlanta. Ok, got'cha now......
winkold.gif

Only problem I see is getting a dealership technician to duplicate your problem under the same conditions you experienced them.
cool.gif

Regardless, if your problem gets sorted, do tell us what that did to the bike, should others start seeing the same issue.

I'm finding that its actually more stable to keep the bike on one wheel at 150mph... the vortexes the fairing creates seems to stabalise the bike? Have you tried that?

Jza

took mine to 160 today, (private road of course) nothing to report, apart from it's bloody fast
eek2.gif
, i love it. more more more.
jump9.gif

Have you lowered the front? Sometimes, lowering the front will give you a case of high speed wobbles? Usually not dangerous, just a bit unnerving.

Back