speedohealer and TRE on GEN2 busa?

john74

Registered
Can someone confirm if the Speedohealer and TRE can be fitted on the GEN2 busa??

if so what are the results??

if i fit a Speedohealer on the GEN2 busa without the TRE can i make the bike show a true 300km(186mph) insteed of the speedos false readings?

seconddly will the TRE show a false gear indication (if fitted)???

TRE will makes your ECU think it is in 5th all the time and your gear indicator will show 5th gear all the time. I have heard the speedo healer will correct the poor accuracy of the stock speedo but no personal experiance with it.

Not sure on the false reading on the indicator, I would think it would since its relative to the position the ECU reads for its mapping, which is altered. However, a ATRE will not put the bike into 5th gear map all the time, only when in 6th.

Speedohealer will correct the speedometer and it should reveal a true 186 when laying on the limiter.

TRE will makes your ECU think it is in 5th all the time and your gear indicator will show 5th gear all the time.  I have heard the speedo healer will correct the poor accuracy of the stock speedo but no personal experiance with it.
if 6th will show 5th then thats no big deal but if 1,2,3,4,6 will always show 5th gear??
then thats no good

any other way around the speed limiter??

if speedohealer would work and show the TRUE max speed as quoted above then its all good this leads me to my NEXT question CAN A 2008 STOCKBIKE(no mods) actually show a TRUE 300km(186mph)reading?
rock.gif
?

has anyone gone top speed run with this GPS mod? And plus, is anyone else running into the aerodynamics of the bike beating the crap out of your head at top speed? My R1 doesn't do that, but I also have a Puig double bubble.

CAN THE MODS DELETE SOME OF THE MULTIPLE POSTS MY IPHONE GOT STUCK AND KEPT REFRESHING MY QUOTED POST

SORRY GUYS

The boostbysmith part is very nice.

I'm in a different boat in that I don't care much about the top speed, but I would like the improved response in lower gears. That would be the TRE. But I hate to loose the indicater

me to i dont want to lose the gear indicator so i guess im gonna go for the SPEEDOHEALER for the true 300km readings
(i doubt a STOCK BUSA will go faster than that!!)

me to i dont want to lose the gear indicator so i guess im gonna go for the SPEEDOHEALER for the true 300km readings
i read that he new Busa was able to hit the speed limiter 186mph, in 5th gear.

I believe the stock busa with the limiter removed will be good for low 190's.

Back in 99 one magazine claimed a top speen of 194mph

Are you taking about TRUE gps readings or speedo readings which are WAY off?

Are you taking about TRUE gps readings or speedo readings which are WAY off?
That's a good question. I "assumed" they were talking true speed.

Which brings up a good point, is the bike restricted to an indicated 186 or a true 186?

Attach a GPS and run your scooter up to the rev limiter then take a look at the speedo. It may not be off enough to get excited about? Give her a try before you buy and share with the rest of us exactly how much your speedo is truely off?

Has anyone checked the 08 to see if the speedo is inaccurate and exactly how much at the rev limiter?

this just fyi IF you didnt already know. the speedohealer will still have to be callibrated using your gps

LUCKY YOU WITH THE GEN2
ThumbsUp.gif

Back