IVANS TRE

john74

Registered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....RS:1123

has anyone fitted this on the 2008 busa yet??

if someone has can they tell me if the it actually works like the older TRE's??

what does the gear indicator show when you are in 6th,will it read 5th?
does it actually go pass 300km(180 mph)??

can someone enlighten me with what it does on the 08 model?

i heard the 08 model has a different system than the GEN1 model....thanks guys and sorry if this is a repost i couldnt find any topic about the TRE on the GEN2 busa

Check with BoostBySmith (also a board sponsor) The TRE's I looked at as I learned about them were all pretty much the same.. They removed the 186 mph limit and screwed up the fuel map in all the gears at the same time.. His was done to only modify 6th gear.

If you really have need to remove the upper MPH limit (other than some silly ego thing) I would suggest doing it in a way that does not interfere with the other 5 gears.

Mr Bogus is correct. The "original" TRE will change all gear sets to one map. The GiPro-ATRE you can switch on/off and it only changes the 6th gear position to reflect 5th gear. BoostbySmith's Modified GPS is very nice piece, not only changes 6th to reflect 5th, but you can run a 2 step module, shift lights, etc... junctioned off line-out signal wire from his setup.. very trick and nice. I have the "basic" Modified GPS with Shift Indicator and love it on my Gen1.

Question

I thought there was another benifit to the TRE's having to do with the lower few gears. That the bikes were some how restricted in the first few gears to help prevent un wanted wheelies...

Question

I thought there was another benifit to the TRE's having to do with the lower few gears. That the bikes were some how restricted in the first few gears to help prevent un wanted wheelies...
from the dyno sheets I have seen, this is not likely..

I would first purchase a PC3USB first (a new pipe is also a good purchase for many)... it is something you are going to realize benefit from every time you ride. The ability to go over the 186 mph mark? you might use it once? (inject personal feelings about running 186+ on the streets)

Question

Yes , the ignition timing curve " ignition table " for gear 1-2-3-4 has built in retard compared to the 5th gear timing curve .

It's still based on RPM and Throttle Position and overrides at around 4500 RPM or aprox 50% throttle opening .

Myself , I don't have need for a TRE . If I wanted to defeat the 6th gear limiter on a 1st gen, contacting BoostbySmith is how I would go about it .

I recall see'ing the 2008 "might" be limited in 5th and 6th . BoostbySmith would know if it is .

Question

Yes , the ignition timing curve " ignition table " for gear 1-2-3-4 has built in retard compared to the 5th gear timing curve .

It's still based on RPM and Throttle Position and overrides at around 4500 RPM or aprox 50% throttle opening .

Myself , I don't have need for a TRE . If I wanted to defeat the 6th gear limiter on a 1st gen, contacting BoostbySmith is how I would go about it .

I recall see'ing the 2008 "might" be limited in 5th and 6th . BoostbySmith would know if it is .
You may be thinking about an article that states the bike was able to reach 186 in 5th gear. I don't remember where I read it.

I'm starting to jones now to get the bike back running. I'm still battling with, should I do a TRE, Air cleaner, and plug the hose for the PAIR while I'm waiting for the exhaust...

Not trying to thread jack by the way...

Question

That's the reason I got a TRE (to unrestrict the lower gears). When I put the TRE on my '04 I noticed a difference right away. The power output in the first 3 gears was greatly increased. The bike felt like a whole new beast altogether. The only problem I had with it was that my idle speed would go up and down sometime all by itself. I've got an '08 now and I don't know if I'll get a TRE for it or not.

URBAN COWBOY

So what TRE model can give me an option for switching it on or off.....in the city i want it disabled and on my trips i want it enabled,what model gives you that option (i dont want a seperate G.P.S indicator,i want the factory G.P.S to show only no extra gizmos hanging off the bike,except for the switch that turns TRE on and off

post link who ever knows such a thing exsists

The boostbySmith GPS is the way to go. I put it on mine and it is in fact a factory GPS (Gear position sensor) that he modifies to work. The digital Gear sensor works like normal for gears 1-5 and neutral. Then 6th actual gear will display as 5th too. There is nothing hanging off the bike but there is no switch. I dont know why you would want to turn it off. If you want less power use the mode switch and drop it down to mode B or C.

The clutch does have to come out to install it. See dragbike.com for the article I did on the subject. Step by step instructions on exactly how to do it. I think its still on the front page. It lists Schnitz Racing as the supplier so when you are looking at the product reviews click on the one that says Schnitz racing.

Its a great unit and I cant imagine having an 08 without it.

According to arecent Bike mag I read Suzuki have stated that the K8 Busa is Full power in 'A'mode. So no restriction in lower gears. Only restriction is limiter at 186 mph. This makes sense to me otherwise why bother providing a 'B' & 'C' mode ?

you dont understand i want the option to turn off the tre so my factory GPS will show all gears when im cruising with my busa,when i turn the switch on then i can strech its legs!!can this work? <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Timing-Retard-Eliminator-SWITCHED-SMART-TRE-GSXR-TL-SV_W0QQitemZ320127541929QQcmdZViewItem
?hash=item320127541929&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....0.l1116</a>

Back