Anyone getting some serious low gas mileage?

Gumballer

Registered
£17 of V Power went in after just 90 miles, while running in!

Far Canal! She's going to bankrupt me.

Apparently they do free up a bit but use loads when tight. I hope so!

The first 300-500 miles, I was averaging pretty low MPG.... 32-34 MPG, thereabouts. A bit discouraging, but, it's not like you buy a 'Busa for economy's sake.
sadnews.gif

About at 1500 miles now, and happily, I am finding my averages are consistently in the 37-38 MPG range (unless I've been romping it that tankful).
cool.gif

The very best I ever got was 40.3 MPG on a 120-mile interstate run, though that was at a painful 75-ish mph.

All depends on your throttle usage, can you be more descriptive; ie 38mpg mostly freeway

Wow, sounds like the Gen2 is a hog. I run mine in the canyons, sweepers and average 45mpg, Interstate riding steady at 80-85 and I click off over 50mpg (factory calculator only reads up to 50
sad.gif
).

Wow, sounds like the Gen2 is a hog.  I run mine in the canyons, sweepers and average 45mpg, Interstate riding steady at 80-85 and I click off over 50mpg (factory calculator only reads up to 50
sad.gif
).
Yep about the same here. I have never reset #1 trip (but it may on its own) AVG on it is 44.7 MPG in the 19K that's on it. Semi tuck 80 MPH pegs it after a reset on 50 mpg. Lowest I ever got per tank is 42 avg and that was keepin up with some nutters @ the Dragon area. Yes I was Skeered too!
whistling.gif

If you have any open core mufflers the MPG will suffer. Mine came back up after I went to one can on the oem header.
SHOCKED.gif

only checked it once keep forgetting to set the trip meter. 3.01 gals for 150.2 miles. very close to 50 mpg. no broken in yet.

I got 41.01mpg after recalculating for the speedo being off. Did a ride today with a 99 busa that has a yellow box and after 94 miles it was 5 miles off. I do know it's off about 5 mph at 50 actually doing 45.

rofl.gif
More power More power!!!!! beat the Kawi! Beat everything!! whatcha mean it takes more gas?!?!?!?

sorry couldnt help it.... for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..

I avg. about 36 miles a gallon. I also live in a bunch of valleys, so I can't complain too much.

so far 35.643mpg (163.6 miles for 4.59 gallons). These were the first miles put on my bike. Hopefully it will get a little better (hoping for 40+) in the next few hundred miles.

Back