Another Brake Thread

jefro

Registered
Found this while surfing this morning:

http://www.motosport.com/street....SA;2008

Alledgedly it fits without interference
dunno.gif

Not sure where it says it doesn't interfere? I seen the application, and also seen no reviews posted. Did you want to try it?

Now, why would you want to install one of those? Don't you know that the K8 can "stop on a dime"?
whistling.gif

I read it on the intardweb, so it must be true.
laugh.gif

j/k..... it does look like a killer piece of hardware, doesn't it....

brembo_masbrakecyl.jpg

Not sure where it says it doesn't interfere?  I seen the application, and also seen no reviews posted.  Did you want to try it?
Sorry, maybe I spoke prematurely. Just thought if it was model specific it wouldn't be an issue.

Do I want to try it? Heck, I just want to try the bike!!! Picked it up 2 weeks ago and probably won't be able to ride it for at least a couple of months when the salt is washed off the roads here in Michigan.

More info please me very interested.
laugh.gif
What would you like to know? Is it a direct bolt-on? It is advertised as such. The Radial MC provides more feedback while braking and the ratio is improved with the 19x20 bore. You would need a remote reservoir and new line (IIRC, most Brembo's have a different thread for the brake line than factory). Other than that, excellent piece to improve braking on any MC with old block style Master Cylinders, like the Busa.

Now, why would you want to install one of those? Don't you know that the K8 can "stop on a dime"?  
whistling.gif

I read it on the intardweb, so it must be true.  
laugh.gif

j/k..... it does look like a killer piece of hardware, doesn't it....

brembo_masbrakecyl.jpg
War you're an animal
wowold.gif
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

And congrats on your high mileage riding.......I suppose if somebodies gonna know their brakes it'll be a guy who puts 10k+ miles on a bike in one (extended....oops
blush.gif
, I mean VERY extended) ride
thumb_up.gif

So how long you keep a bike mileage wise before you consider it worn out?

laugh.gif

Or the new one thats being released soon! The Brembo RCS, its adjustable!

congrats on your high mileage riding.......I suppose if somebodies gonna know their brakes it'll be a guy who puts 10k+ miles on a bike in one (extended....oops
blush.gif
, I mean VERY extended) ride
thumb_up.gif

So how long you keep a bike mileage wise before you consider it worn out?
I've had some Honda's well over 150,000 before trading them in. The 3 Yamaha's I've had have not been quite that robust.

This is my first Suzook, so we'll see how it goes...
cool.gif

To answer your question.... usually at the 10-year mark, technology has improved to the point where I'm really looking hard at the newer bikes. The XX is 11 years old now..... and no replacement in sight. So it came down to the ZX-14 and the Busa. It wasn't a hard decision to make.
winkold.gif

had a brembo master cylinder on my 2003 busa and it made a huge difference, stopped faster and more feel.have new busa ordered and will be putting brembo master cylinder on straight away.easy mod to do yourself

no news
rock.gif
?  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

100_2412.jpg

alas  
sad.gif
, it is not has me but has a friend in gsx-r 1000 K8

I have just seen this offer : http://www.motosport.com/street....SA;2008

(possible better deal than this  
please.gif

rock.gif
)

is what somebody could occupy of me to say, all that it is necessary in more of this PR19 ? bottle of brake fluid ? contactor of brake light ? durit of brake aviation ?

is what somebody would have changed all that in wise use

the braking of the hayabusa is sufficient
but when that goes more quickly, it is limiting dangerous I find

thanks guys for your help  
bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

step 1.remove banjo bolt from resivior,remove brake line from resivior and screw banjo bolt back on to avoid fluid leaking on bike.

step 2.remove the 2 bolts holding on lever and resivior assembly, lever and resivior will come straight off

step 3.unplug brake light connector.

step 4.bolt on brembo master cylinder in place of the one you took off.

step 5.attach brake line with new banjo bolt with built in pressure switch to master cylinder.make sure you order the pressure switch as they dont come as standard.

step 6.you may need to bleed the system from the top bleed nipple on the new master cylinder however i did not need to do so, had instant pressure without bleeding.

step 7. go out and see the difference. i would recommend brembo brake pads as they make a huge difference. hope this helps. if you need any more help you can also email me on mikecollins350@gmail.com

Back