Change OEM brake and clutch fluid reservoir

tonmarchelli

Registered
im really close to buying an 08 busa and am putting my list together of the things i want to do to it.

one think i want to do is change out the metal front brake and clutch fluid reservoirs to the round plastic ones found on the repli-racers. not for weight reasons or anything, just a personal preference for looks and size?

think this is possible?

thumb_up.gif

I have a set as well. The ones I have came off a brand new bike. I have been thinking about getting rid of them.

i need some factory rear sets for the 08 busa and 07 1000 any one got the complete sets or just fronts pm with prices and pics

You cant just slap on the plastic cups! the stock res. is built into the whole mastercylinder....

unless they changed them for 08
pic please,,,,,

You cant just slap on the plastic cups! the stock res. is built into the whole mastercylinder....

unless they changed them for 08
pic please,,,,,
But you can take the whole setup install it, hookup the brake & clutch lines and work with no clearance problems.. correct?
rock.gif

Double check the mounting of the radial brake master cylinder, especially if coming from a donor Gixxer1000. I thought someone already experimented with this setup and had clearance issues?

The billet pieces are so much nicer than the plastic ones to me .. One of the nice items on the Busa I think .. Oh well to each their own

Double check the mounting of the radial brake master cylinder, especially if coming from a donor Gixxer1000. I thought someone already experimented with this setup and had clearance issues?
+1 there have definitely been reports of clearance issues. You will from what I've heard have to rotate them to not hit and you still may not be able to turn fully stop to stop. I don't know first hand but I do read a lot. LOL After market is available though.

yes be careful with radial system.
I have mounted Brembo PR19 on my busa ...
Check some pics of my first system i've mounted here :
Pics of PR19
On this first pics you can see some problems.
Here is change i've made to this brake system are here :
Pics of PR19 (update)
With this change i've no problem. And I think it brake better.

Back