2008 Buell Peg Mod

boosted

Registered
At six ft.one in. I wasn't to cramped on my new bike but with this simple mod it's for sure more comfortable. I've done some mods to my past bikes that I've regreted but not this one.{quality components, easy instructions, if there are any issues Joe takes care of it.}

I'm not going to be the one to say it!!!
whistling.gif

is the buell pegs you talk about the harley davidson pegs?
rock.gif
?
Yes, H.D./buell you know, the other Slow bike!
laugh.gif
Shyeah, screw putting and of that Hardley-Ableson crap on my Busa.... I went another way: real footpeg lowering brackets!
cool.gif

OEM footpeg:

brake_oem.jpg

The custom Footpeg Lowering Brackets, featuring the Oberon racing pegs:

brake_installed.jpg

These re-position the footpegs approximately 1.125" down, and 1/2" outboard.

Makes a rather huge difference in comfort, despite the apparent small change in dimensions.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

and where can we get these said pegs?
This particular setup I actually carried over from my Blackbird.
cool.gif

The footpegs themselves are from Oberon (based in England). They are black-anodized (which will eventually wear away after a lot of hard use, as you can see at the outer tip). The grip studs are actually stainless-steel socket-head bolts. I've had these pegs for several years.

Nowadays, Oberon makes 3 different types of footpegs: "studded", "racing" and "touring", the latter being a touch wider and longer for added comfort:

OberonPegs.jpg

Full size photo of above: Oberon footpegs

With regard to the Footpeg Lowering brackets, these are custom made by a buddy of mine on the Blackbird forum. While these CBR1100XX lowering brackets do attach to the K8 footpeg hangar bracket just fine, you can not retain the stock K8 footpegs. They are wider than the stock CBR1100XX pegs, and thus these Lowering brackets need modification. I have sent my buddy my OEM footpegs off my K8, and he is going to fabricate a set for prototype testing. I will put them through the wringer when he is done, and if they are good to go, he will fabricate them for production if there is sufficient interest.

Mind you, they will not be pocket-change.... likely enough, these will be a touch more expensive than the Buell mod. OTOH, you get to use any after-market footpeg you want (Oberon or otherwise), and the kit is "complete", with new stainless steel clevis pins, washers and cotter pins:

LoweringBrackets.jpg

So if you are already using aftermarket pegs the lowering brackets should work? If so, how might one acquire a set?

is the buell pegs you talk about the harley davidson pegs?
rock.gif
?
Yes, H.D./buell you know, the other Slow bike!
laugh.gif
Shyeah, screw putting and of that Hardley-Ableson crap on my Busa.... I went another way: real footpeg lowering brackets!  
cool.gif

OEM footpeg:

brake_oem.jpg

The custom Footpeg Lowering Brackets, featuring the Oberon racing pegs:

brake_installed.jpg

These re-position the footpegs approximately 1.125" down, and 1/2" outboard.

Makes a rather huge difference in comfort, despite the apparent small change in dimensions.  
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
War nice looking pegs, but I have alot less $ in mine than yours.

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Boosted, I want to do the mod with the Buell pegs. When I go in what do I ask for? Does it effect the way it feels for shifting and rear braking?

Joe is great to work with on the Buell Pegs.. You will end up around $85.00 total. The pegs drop your feet about 2 inches, with no difference in clearance to the ground..

Joe_1_012.jpg

Back