FI light came on twice

Bo_

Registered
My fuel injection FI light has illuminated two times recently, once when I was wheeliing, once when I was doing approx 110 in 5th. Both times I pulled over, killed the engine, turned the ignition switch off, restarted and didn't have any more trouble. Both times it happened when I was reving the engine a little hi but nothing excessive. Any ideas?
dunno.gif

My fuel injection FI light has illuminated two times recently, once when I was wheeliing, once when I was doing approx 110 in 5th. Both times I pulled over, killed the engine, turned the ignition switch off, restarted and didn't have any more trouble. Both times it happened when I was reving the engine a little hi but nothing excessive. Any ideas?
dunno.gif
Jumper the dealer connector with a paper clip and repeat and let us know the code
biggrin.gif

If you don't know how to use the paper clip to get the code, just ask
winkold.gif

Remember the fault indicator(FI) light must be one or flashing in order to get a code out.

dunno.gif
Not normal..get it checked before you get stranded
winkold.gif

Even if I did know how to retrieve the code with a paper clip it seems that doing that on the side of the road would be a bummer. Once the bike is stopped and switched off the light resets. My guess is that it don't like my pipes. But anyway, how do you jump out the code reader?  
umnik.gif

ON the Gen 1 bikes the dealer connector is in the tail, put the paper clip between the 2 pins and go ride the bike, when the FI light comes on it will display the error code.

The plug that you jump is located behind the battery but in front of the tool kit.  You have to take off the driver's seat. It'll probably be buried.  Carry a paper clip with you and alan wrench with you in your pockets.  Because you don't want to have to shut it down to open the trunk, leave it running so you can get the code.

The plug will have 4 holes but only 2 wires.  Jump the 2 holes that have the wires connected to them and look at your clock to see the code.

I have a K8 Busa and the F1 light is staying on after gettimg it dynoed. The error code is C44 - can anyone tell me what this fault is? Cheers. MikeC.

I don't know if they have changed and am at work so I can't verify if they have changed but these are the old ones....

c00 none
c12 crankshaft positions sensor, pickup coil signal, signal generator
c13 intake air pressure sensor #2, for front cylinder
c14 throttle position sensor
c15 engine coolant temp sensor
c17 intake air pressure sensor #1 for rear cylinder
c21 intake air temp sensor
c23 tip over sensor
c24 ignition signal, coil #1 for rear cylinder
c25 ignition signal, coil #2 for front cylinder
c28 secondary throttle valve actuator
c29 secondary throttle valve position sensor
c31 gear position signal switch
c32 injector signal #1 for rear cylinder
c33 injector signal #2 for front cylinder
c41 fuel pump control system, fuel pump, fuel pump relay
c42 ignition switch signal, anti theft
c44 heated oxygen sensor
c49 pair control solenoid valve

Sounds like the dyno operator didn't have proper cooling fans or let the bike cool. Did they dyno it over and over and heat soak it....?

gave it about 5 runs and then let it cool and another 2 runs.light came on during the last run. will it affect the running of the bike
race.gif

It depends how the ECU works. On some vehicles it would put the bike in limp mode but I don't know if this is the case with the 08 BUSA...

KSWaterbug had a problem with his this is the 3rd time i've heard of a problem. PM him

My FI light was coming one when the bike was rev'd above 5k...
Code had me replacing secondaries, but problem remained!
Final solution was in the wire harness for the bike. Bent connector pins and the fuel system!
Runs like a champ now......

Back