WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I just got a new Suzuki smoke windshield I'll be putting on shortly. I seem to remember when I replacement the screen on my '06 I had a hard time getting the little rubber fastners back into place. Also, I had to put some black tape on the bottom edge of the shield to keep it from vibrating. I was just wondering if anyone has replace the windshield on their '08 yet, and if you have any "tricks" you used to get those nasty little fastners back into place. Thanks

anyone have news from ZERo GRAVITY
rock.gif
?

anyone have news from ZERo GRAVITY
rock.gif
?
I emailed them over the weekend. No reply yet. I will post up when they contact me.
great TURBO
cool.gif

this is my last answer by mail of zero gravity :

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
De : Lezli (LDS1@zerogravity-racing.com)
Envoyé :ven. 07/12/07 01:14
Répondre à :Lezli.D@zerogravity-racing.com

À : 'fullzx12r Olivier' (fullzx12r@hotmail.com)

Almost ready, Olivier. It should be ready to go by January.

Thanks for checking in again.

LEZLI DeSANTIAGO Operations Manager[/quote]

Only have to remove the two pop-out blk head plastic rivets, then remove the two fasteners going through the rubber grommet! Becarefull not to lose the thin black washer under each of these... Wiggle your screen after removing these and it should come right out! Reverse to reinstall... Yes, a little spit and a small allen wrench to push with from the back side works wonders.

I found you can push the grommet back through with the screw if you don't screw the screw in very far.

I just put the zuke touring model on my k8 and it was sorta a hassel. It's done and looks sweet but it was far from plug and play.

get a can of silicon spray, you will need it in the future on rubber grommets etc. you can also use it on weatherstrip in your car. It works to dress up black plastic parts.

Back