2008 for $13,300.00 Out The Door?

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, long time see everyone. Wanted to post up in regards to the price on a 2008. House Of Moto quoted me "13,300.00 out the door" registation, gap, everything. And I was wondering, is this a decent deal? Or can I find it lower else where? Located in San Diego, CA 92135. Thanks for the info.

Sup Lamb!
hello.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Moreboost @ Dec. 06 2007 said:
1235861[/ATTACH] PM]
Hmm 11999 is MSRP right? so is that just the fees and tax?
There is some sort of $3,000.00 krate fee and set-up of the bike fee. And I guess they use that to gouge the price.

super.gif

Run away from these guys. They have a pretty horrible reputation for butt-reaming customers on new bike purchases. My advice: don't reward their ate-up business practices by patronizing them.

as ive read and noticed looking threw various dealers across the country. Everything east coast is the cheapest. Looking for the best price I can get in CA.

By one in the Midwest and pay to have it shipped... Still less than $11,100.00

If it makes you feel any better I paid a little more than that, with a 5 year extended factory warranty.

List plus tax tag set up extended warranty blah blah blah.

Thing is, I never by a car like that. I'll wait until it's the year end left overs and negotiate like crazy.

With this bike and the 99 I bought, same thing. List, plus, plus, plus, I didn't care....

He can not legally do this in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. The CARB stormtroopers forbid it.

In order to legally register a non-CA bike in California, the bike must be "used". Apparently, California considers a bike is "used" when the odometer has a minimum of 7500 miles on it. If you buy a new bike out-of-state and try to register it in California prior to this mystical 7500-mile mark, all kinds of bad ju-ju can occur.

I have some deep ties with Yamaha and Suzuki dealers here in Washington, and we have coyly tried to work around this stupid-ass mentality by registering the bike in a different state in order to allow enough time to garner the 7500 miles so it can be registered as a "used" bike. This only works if you: a) are active-duty military, or b) you manage to stay "clean" and unnoticed as you garner that 7500-mile figure.

Had a buddy that I help buy a 2005 YZF-R1 here in WA. He had it registered in his cousin's state in Illinois. He was, um, a little too frisky on the bike, got popped for speeding one day. The bike wasn't even at 3000 miles yet. The citation sent a red flag to CA DOT and the Brownshirts at CARB. What followed was all kinds of Badness. He ended the matter by putting the bike up for sale.

Word.

Robert......stay away from any dealer who is trying to charge you for the crate fee...... I argued the "crate fee" when I bought my 05' at Fun Bike and they removed it. I had never seen the "crate fee" charges until I moved to SoCal......IMO, It's a scam!!

Try ALBA or come to Lake Elsinore.....I have a fellow Busa Rider salesman at the local shop here. I can help you get a fair deal.

DD

I thought the 08 was a 50 state bike? the previous models were not.. there was a CA bike..(cats?)

Even so, if MSRP is 12G, there is still at least $1,000 in sales tax that needs added on

Hey all, long time see everyone. Wanted to post up in regards to the price on a 2008. House Of Moto quoted me "13,300.00 out the door"  registation, gap, everything. And I was wondering, is this a decent deal? Or can I find it lower else where? Located in San Diego, CA 92135. Thanks for the info.

Sup Lamb!
hello.gif
$13,300...

That's more than they quoted me.

I got mine for way cheaper elsewhere...apples to apples.

For what I saved, you could get yourself some sweet after-market pipes! Or, tell them you'll pay that price if they throw in the Titanium or CF pipes!

Also, which bike are you looking at. I have pix of all three of theirs...the charcoal/black and the blue one have appeared in threads of mine on this forum; the orange one I have pix of on my camera.

Want more info? PM me...I'm not hanging my peepee out to get whacked by anyone reading this thread...

Scar

By Warchild | Posted on Dec. 07 2007, 6:40 AM
Quote: (ks-waterbug @ Dec. 07 2007, 3:35 AM)

He can not legally do this in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. The CARB stormtroopers forbid it.

Little secret....Your a sailor right??...if your home of record is some where other than California....you can purchase the bike in any other state and then register it back in your home of record! Plus, you don't want that cali model!!!
woot.gif

Check E-bay for local bike Dealers in your area, I have seen them as low as 10,599 the plus and reg. Here on the East coast.

Shop around to find the best price;this is a good time of the year to get a good deal. Remember: the dealers are anxious to unload their stock. Play cool about buying or the salesman will jump on you with both feet and unload your wallet!

xxx.jpg

Back