Busa changes for 09 model year

Bo_

Registered
Question:
Do you guys think Suzuki is finished with the upgrades to the Gen II Busa for another decade like they walked away from the Gen I Busa for nearly 10 years? Or, do you think that those of us that jumped out and bought an 08 will be stuck with a weird "transitional" model year, (like the 62 Corvette and the 79 Sportster) as they continue to bring the Busa into the digital age?
ohthedrama.gif

Hopefully next year Suzuki won't just spray paint the Busa a different color and say "look what we have done, isn't that new color really something".
rant.gif

I'm hoping that since they finally went back and threw some $$ at the old flagship Busa that Suzuki will budget some cash for the design team to keep going for a few more years and allow the engineers to digitize the Busa and really make it the hi tech rocket ship that it's sales and cash returns deserve.

Can you imagine a young jap engineer looking at an analog speedo, temp gauge and gas gauge and saying, "I heard my grandpa talk about those things"
dunno.gif

Come on Suzuki get rid of the instrument cluster. If I want nostalgia I'll buy a Harley. When I ride an 08 Superbike I want the latest and greatest of everything.
race.gif

Out of the probably 20 articles I have read on the Gen II Busa in the last year I only read one negative statement and that appeared in the latest issue of super street bike when one brave soul stated "the speedo numbers are hard to read at speed"  I thought well what do you know, finally a writer with some balls. I subscribe to mags from Cycle World to Super Street bike and several in between. I guess the mags get some kickback from Suzuki for not writing anything negative about the new Boo.  
kissass.gif

Surely I'm not the only guy with some concerns, speaking of which I might as well list a few.
umnik.gif

1. Oil fill hole too small. Make larger.
2. Rubber mounted upper triple clamp is mushy.
3. The whole pain in the butt oil filter change hassle. Make the oil filter accessible.
4. Archaic speedometer. Should change to digital.
5. Make numbers on tach larger.
6. Fuel gauge is a joke. Change to low fuel light.
7. Shift light needs to be moved to center of cluster, not hidden behind clutch reservoir.
8. Trip 1, Trip 2 gauge numbers and nomenclature needs to be larger.
9. Odometer numbers are too small.
10. Temp gauge is a joke, what gives, I want to know the exact temp of my engine on a digital read out.
11. Gear position idiot light is really cool and I use it and like it but it dang sure don't deserve the absolute best prime      real estate on the whole dash.
12. Why radial calipers and did not upgrade to radial master cylinder with remote reservoir.
13. Apparently the chain is under rated for the awesome busa power, I have never had a new o-ring chain stretch like this one is stretching.
please.gif

Ok, 90% of my gripes are with the instrument cluster and oil changes. Yes I am a grey beard but I asked my 20 yr old daughter to look at the instruments and she thought they were too small also.
boohoo.gif

I love the Busa and I think the body and engine upgrades are fantastic on the 08, but I also think Suzuki could do a lot better in the areas of maintenance and drivability, which are the two areas that riders are constantly dealing with.

As I stated above after the cash cow that the Busa has been for Suzuki I think we should be treated the absolute best the company can supply.
ThumbsUp.gif

Let the flames begin, or list your concerns.

rant.gif

rant.gif

I would like to see a 10th Anniversary Limited Edition that is truely an LE:
Original Bodywork in Copper and Silver!

i will take a le black one...completely black everything...no silver.....and a new 1400cc,, true 1400cc motor...lighter and more power...lets grab the reigns and keep them suzuki....
argue.gif

Skip over the digital gauges..
Go to a linear LED array of some kind or even a HUD on the backside of the windscreen..

And lets finally fix the seat a bit so it does not bite on long runs

Back in the 80's Suzuki,Honda, and Kawi all made turbo bikes. For some reason they did not sell. Well I can assure you a limited edition turbo hayabusa would sell like hotcakes.

The gauges don't bother me. I would rather have clocks than digital numbers flashing everywhere but maybe I am old school. The gear indicator is nice and coming off bikes without fuel gauges I can appreciate that also.
Different strokes.

Here is what I would like to see.
1) a new tail end
2) new mirrors - these are dated,blocky and don't flow with the bike but are functional.
3)move frame welds under bodywork - how come with a bike so wrapped in bodywork I have to see nasty frame welds?
4)Seat hump that works with the grab rail without the use of cutting and modding from the owner.
5)adjustable rearsets - one size doesn't fit all
6)lose the stripe decals - racer boy graphics belong on a 600
7)Foot pegs that don't take an inch away from legroom with huge rubber inserts.
8)Lose some weight - how come the 600-750-1000 can be so close in weight but the Bus is 100# more?

Don't get me wrong I love this bike and if next years has all these things I will keep what I got but you asked so I told  
shutup.gif

LOL ok lets see.... 1441 stroker engine lower compression for the factory turbo and usb connection so I can tweak the fuel trim for moreboost
beerchug.gif
LOL!!!

- better brakes !!! same system of the zx-14
bowdown.gif

- consumation on the dashboard
- 20kg in less
- new mirror

and it's OK
firedevil.gif

after waiiting this long Im sure they won't change anything except BNG!!!!!

But Kwak did with the 14 soooo maybe!!

All I want is over 200bhp at the rear wheel, and no top speed restriction! Oh and redesign the hump so it can be used to stash stuff.

Wow, I'm impressed with the replies, not one flame, I was expecting to open this thread and get the dog beat out of me. So it goes to prove that the riders speak the truth and the magazine writers are a bunch of butt kissers.
kissass.gif

Again, don't get me wrong i think the Busa is the best game in town but I also believe that Suzuki owes it more.

Keep those ideas coming, you guys came up with a lot of stuff I never thought of. Maybe we can compile the list and send it to some magazines and to Suzuki so they can here the voice of the guys with the checkbooks and not just the opinions of some corporate suits with only the bottom line in mind.

Truth is Suzuki for the 08 took all the commom mods done by its customers to the 99-07 and incorporated into the new Busa, bumped the power a little bit using minor tweaks into the engine in an attempt to maitain the same hype that the Busa name has and updated the looks.

So for a new Busa, be it 09 or 10, 11, to cause the same impact the 99 launch did to the motorcycle community, i would expect a completely new lighter frame, top notch brakes, at least 210+ rwhp (don't care how they accomplish this, by upping the bore, stroke or just tuning the current 1340cc, as long as they keep low compression so that the Turbo freaks can still play their game) and of course the same kind of looks, one that is so unusual that it causes dislike at first glance, but you just fall in love with after a while.

Suzuki has to maintain the same modding character to its bike so that each bike can be customized causing it to keep selling because people will always be able to turn theirs into unique machines, be it performance or looks.

The analog dash is a must, it is classy and it is a rush when the needle is buried...

not trying to hijack a thread, but i still don't have mine yet, and only have owned gixxers which have low fuel lights, so what sucks about the fuel gauge? not accurate? i was real excited about that feature! oh yeah,the x-tra torque too!

have owned gixxers which have low fuel lights, so what sucks about the fuel gauge? not accurate? i was real excited about that feature! oh yeah,the x-tra torque too!
Me and a couple ninja and gixxer dudes did some miles last night and I was low on fuel but we kept riding here and there before we ever got to a gas station and I'll be dang if a low fuel light didn't come illuminate on my dash.  
dunno.gif

I know that everyone else knew that the 08 busa has a low fuel light but with as many hits on the threads where I/we were griping/discussing the chency inacurate fuel gauge no one ever corrected me and enlightened me that my concerns were in vain cause the busa has a low fuel light and fuel gauge      
umnik.gif

So my apologies to the zuki engineers for griping about the fuel gauge, now I have (always did just didn't know it) the option to disregard the fuel gauge and use my trip gauge and low fuel light.  
shutup.gif

I went home and checked the owners manual and sure enough right there on page 3-7 item five, low fuel light
beerchug.gif

have owned gixxers which have low fuel lights, so what sucks about the fuel gauge? not accurate? i was real excited about that feature! oh yeah,the x-tra torque too!
Me and a couple ninja and gixxer dudes did some miles last night and I was low on fuel but we kept riding here and there before we ever got to a gas station and I'll be dang if a low fuel light didn't come illuminate on my dash.  
dunno.gif

I know that everyone else knew that the 08 busa has a low fuel light but with as many hits on the threads where I/we were griping/discussing the chency inacurate fuel gauge no one ever corrected me and enlightened me that my concerns were in vain cause the busa has a low fuel light and fuel gauge      
umnik.gif

So my apologies to the zuki engineers for griping about the fuel gauge, now I have (always did just didn't know it) the option to disregard the fuel gauge and use my trip gauge and low fuel light.  
shutup.gif

I went home and checked the owners manual and sure enough right there on page 3-7 item five, low fuel light
beerchug.gif
I was gonna say... even our Gen I busas have a low fuel light...

I'd like to see somthing really special for the 10th year Anniversary... true 1400cc's would be bouns... and a more accessable oil filter would be nice

Yeah low fuel light comes on when you have 20-30 miles left in the tank..;)

I would like to see Factory HID lamps, and better levers. Extra Reflectors on the sides would be a plus too..:)

Back