K8 speedometer readings

Warchild

Banned
I am finding the Gen II Busa speedometer readings to be fairly typical of big-bore Japanese machines... readouts are optimistic across the range, with the margin of error increasing a little the faster one travels.

Went out today and took a few measurements at different speeds, comparing the stock speedo to a GPS in my tankbag's map-case. Here's some of the readings, they are not too surprising.

All figures are in mph.

Indicated Actual
25.0 22.8
35.0 33.1
43.4 40.0
54.0 50.0
59.6 55.0
65.0 60.0
75.1 70.0
81.5 75.0
109.7 100.0

Mind you, these are the reading *I* found; yours may or may not be identical. Still, I never had less than five (5) NAVSAT signals locked onto me, using a clear open road in the flat steppes of eastern Washington (no canyons or anything that might cause momentary satellite signal drop). I did these runs twice and was able to duplicate the results every time, so it's probably pretty accurate.

Looks like I can stay fairly close to 75-77 mph indicated on the interstate, and not have to sweat things.
winkold.gif

Still, I need to be realistic about riding this baby... I will still wire up my Valentine One well before next summer....
whistling.gif

well on my wasa gps 70 speedo gps 65mph 80speedo 74.6mph 100speedo 91.7mph it seems the same as my 03 busa way the hell off below 45mph mine is dead on after that it just goes off

Erm, in case my Insurance Agent is reading the forum... all these runs were conducted within controlled, closed-course conditions......
whistling.gif

cool.gif

mine is 1 mph off @ 45 using CHP RADAR STAND on my street!! it only reads to 50 .. I guess to keep me from going fastest indian and setting the street! speed record
firedevil.gif

WAR just so you know I got the R77 cuz of your install posts. I also liked your no BS approach to BS!!! LOL...you just back schit up with facts bet your a blast to ride with
beerchug.gif

300km on the speedo read 294 gps if you let the rpm rise after 10500rpm(it will actually read 280km but continue to rise in the GPS)...tested with photos in a thread i started 2 weeks ago

Back