Tail Light

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I read a post earlier that the 08 had LED tail lights, I looked and I think that they are still bulbs and not LED... Here are two pics of the tail light...

Brakes off

brakes_off.jpg

I read a post earlier that the 08 had LED tail lights,
Yep, that was my post. There are two reason I believe they are, in fact, LED clusters in the stop-light/tail-light:

1) I am quite familiar with LED lighting, as I have used them to save precious watts on my past/present bikes.

2) The Owner's Manual states they are LED.
biggrin.gif
Near the end of the manual, immediately before the index pages, is a section called "Specifications". Look in the "Electrical" section, the 8th line item from the top.

The LEDs appear to be clustered in "pods", which gives them the illusion there are common incandescent bulbs.
thumb_up.gif

I read a post earlier that the 08 had LED tail lights,
Yep, that was my post. There are two reason I believe they are, in fact, LED clusters in the stop-light/tail-light:

1) I am quite familiar with LED lighting, as I have used them to save precious watts on my past/present bikes.

2) The Owner's Manual states they are LED.
biggrin.gif
 Near the end of the manual, immediately before the index pages, is a section called "Specifications". Look in the "Electrical" section, the 8th line item from the top.

The LEDs appear to be clustered in "pods", which gives them the illusion there are common incandescent bulbs.  
thumb_up.gif
Well there ya go...... how can you argue with number 2
ThumbsUp.gif

I recant my previous statement.....

They are bright as all getout though

I'm likin' em real well too.. My wife followed me home ( for a little way's anyway !!)
laugh.gif
And the first thing she said was how bright the stop/tail lights were.. She said the turn signals were very bright as well..
ThumbsUp.gif
cool.gif

Back