My Fender mod

Ranger

Registered
Well, I went for it, I ended up keeping the plate light, been pulled over a couple of times for that before so just decided to keep it legal. Basically all I did was carve it all down with a dremel tool. Need to be careful with the high RPM's on that sucker because it takes it down fast. I cut out the rough shape at 1st, then slowly sanded it down until I achieved the look I was after. Jury is still out on if I like it or not, I'll probably be getting and after mark fender eliminator assy (w/ light) after awhile anyhow, so it couldn't hurt to experiment. Let me know what you think.

DSCF0005.JPG

Cut it some more and get some lighting boltz for the license plate light

It does look good though
Yes, it does.

That last photo (looking in from the right side of the bike): is that a fastener peeking out behind the reflector/license-plate light housing immediately under the tail-light? (I would look at mine, but I puss'ed out and rode the FJR to work; it was 23-degrees here in eastern Washington this morning)

If this fastener indeed retains the reflector/lighting housing, seems that you could remove it and place the license plate higher, and still have the ability to reverse this if necessary down the road.

As frisbie mentioned, Lighting boltz or the like would be needed if you are into staying legal.
whistling.gif

Nice Turbo810!!
beerchug.gif
Did you buy that kit,or did you make it you're self??where can I get one from?Or how can I make one??

Back