Get my 2008 on Saturday

Jza

Registered
Hi everyone!!!! My first POST
smile.gif

I just swapped in my old VFR800 Vtec for a shiny new Black/Grey 2008 Busa model.

LOL
laugh.gif

I think theres gonna be a bit of a difference.....

Anyone recommend anything i should get for the bike straight away......

The yoshi exhaust looks sweet in carbon!!! That'll definately get added as soon as it comes out. As a rule do you normally get a PCIII to go with the exhaust or do they fit on without messing the fueling?

Any help appreciated.

I am going to stick with C mode on the way home i think...
smile.gif

Jza

smile.gif

Awesome Jza! We need pics! As for mods, not sure who's offering exhausts (except for, I think, Two Brothers). The carbons on my 05 LE didn't require a PC; however, I left in the silencers. If you remove them, you'll likely need the PC.

05_Hayabusa_LE_JPG_2.JPG

I'll get the pics up on Saturday.... have to say the idea of a new such powerfull bike on shiny new tyres for the first time (and its likely to be wet according the the weather man here in england) isnt filling me with joy... something is filling tho!!
smile.gif

Might pop round my sisters and borrow my nephews push bike stabalisers for a while
smile.gif

LOL

smile.gif

Congrats and just give us pics and your first-hand impressions. I don't know what's out there for the 08's just yet, but I'm sure there are plenty of companies working hard on the aftermarket products for the newest Busa
cool.gif

Welcome to the oRg!
beerchug.gif

Right on !!!
beerchug.gif
I'm jealous, just take it easy for the first few months / miles

The more air flow deviation from the standard exhaust, more of a tweak on the FI standard mapping is needed in order to compensate with additional fuel - this can be done with an adjuster box, straight into the standard ECU interface - no need for a Power Commander - though, it will have to be done by somebody with a good feel for that particular bike.

Now if you radically change the air flow with a full 4x1 exhaust, no adjuster box will be able to tweak the original mapping as to take advantage of the new airflow - then the Power Commander is welcome. Beware, though, with the mapping of the Power Commander, as it will depend on so many variables that no standard mapping off dynojet's website will take full advantage or even take any advantage at all - you will have to custom map your PC and this you can only do by analysing the air/fuel mixture through the whole power band and adjusting for optimum power output - in other words, tunning it over a good dynamometer.

As a rule of thumb, If you get just slip-ons, having an experienced mechanic tweak original ECU map suffices to take advantage of it and fix any misbehavior at accelerating or deccelerating - if you get the full system, then go all the way with a PCIII USB.

The new Busa has been tested at 193 rwhp with just a full system, no PCIII USB - though we have no details as to how much and where the standard ECU fuel mapping has been tweaked.

I would guess that once you get a full system with a PCIII USB properly mapped it might very well reach almost 200 rwhp - this is what and old Busa would get with MAJOR tweaks and engine updgrades that would cost you 4 grand alone...

Don't forget to post pics from your new mistress.

smile.gif

I just swapped in my old VFR800 Vtec for a shiny new Black/Grey 2008 Busa model.

LOL
laugh.gif

The yoshi exhaust looks sweet in carbon!!! That'll definately get added as soon as it comes out. As a rule do you normally get a PCIII to go with the exhaust or do they fit on without messing the fueling?

Any help appreciated.

smile.gif

Jza
I am contemplating the same move up. I also have a vtec VFR that I'm ready to sell/trade for the new Busa and i would love to hear your impressions of differences between the two bikes. I mostly just commute to and from work so lots of highway miles.
Good luck with the new machine!
hello.gif

smile.gif

Congrats....

I just joined this forum as I took delivery of my 2008 Busa in Blue/Black yesterday. Problem is I live in Michigan and rode home in the ran...12 miles.
smile.gif

C mode was nice, at a stop for gas (and a sheild wipe down) I forgot to bump it back down to C and saw the difference.
smile.gif

Anyway, I hope it will be dry here tonight so I can wash the unit and ride some more.

I have ridden bikes since I was 18 (now 37), sport bikes and Harley's, I must say that I truly love this bike! I didn't get rid of the Harley, but, it will get some down time.

smile.gif

smile.gif

LOL
laugh.gif

Any help appreciated.

smile.gif

Jza
I am contemplating the same move up. I also have a vtec VFR that I'm ready to sell/trade for the new Busa and i would love to hear your impressions of differences between the two bikes. I mostly just commute to and from work so lots of highway miles.
Good luck with the new machine!
hello.gif
You bet i will!

I'm supposed to be running it in for the first 600 miles... i'm having the day off on monday to go and see if i cant get that done asap
smile.gif

I had a look at the torque dyno curves on another page... seems the 'Busa is gonna put out more torque at 5000 rpm (my limit for 600 miles) than my VFR did at full revs
smile.gif

I'm chuckling just thinking about it...
smile.gif

The dealer pointed out that it doesnt remember to if you selected the "Pussy Map" when you restart the bike... glad you reminded me
smile.gif

2 days to go....

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Sweet! Cograts and welcome to the madness, good luck getting any sleep thinking about the bike for the next two nights!
beerchug.gif

Does the DJ PCIII USB even work with the new ecu??? Wouldn't it be a newer box? Be interesting to hear if you can individualy map all three modes differently...

Good luck with the new bike! Ride the piss out of it and let us know...

Congratulations on the new bike. Break 'er in right and watch the chain for stretch

Back