Hayabusa vs Liter Sportbike...

Downtown

Registered
Hi.

I am new here, I am from Israel and as for now I am riding a CBR1000RR.

After I saw the new Hayabusa (Black) I dont want to look at my bike anymore. this is pure evil.

Well, I ride bikes for turns...canyons, fast turns, twisties....

I know (or am I wrong?) that the CBR or any other superbike liter will handle better in those canyon rides.

Is there anyone here, that moved from a liter sportbike to Hayabusa? I really want to know, as much as I can, the differences between the bikes?

Anyone here made the move and want to go back to 1000cc sportbike?

You guys that go out for group rides with guys with R1,CBR,R1000.....can keep up with them on a twisty roads?

Sorry for all those questions. and thanks.

Downtown.

Here is a pic os my bike:
464459731_5e35cf7547_o.jpg

BTW,

I have posted this here at the 2008 section because I am talking about this model. the "old" model until 2007 doesnt do it to me. (sorry)

Welcome to the Org
Yes, there are plenty of members who hang with the liter bikes while out hitting the twisties. Its not as nimble as the liter bikes but makes up for the diff on the straight aways. Not everyone can make the busa sing in the twisty's its got its own learning curve... You should post over in the new members section as well and introduce yourselve.

Personaly I think if your soul purpose is twisties & canyons and you're still young enough (no back problems, wrist, knees or other aches) then a liter bike would be better. If you add twoup ridding or long all day ridding the busa would probably be a better pick.

I think alot has to do with what/how you use your bike.

Prior to purchasing my busa, I owned nothing but liter bikes, primarily the gsxr 1000 for riding the twisties, canyons, and track days. I love that bike, but as Commuta said if your young and you like the twisties then stay with that bike.

I ride all the time with guys that have liter bikes and they are amazed at how the busa can handle in the canyons.

All I can tell you is after we are done riding 2 hours in the canyons, my friends are dead tired and I am still ready for more. Comfort, styling, and power, what more can you ask for. Good luck in your choice.

My last bike was an 05 CBR 1000RR and a 954RR before that.  Like was said above, if your sole intent is to ride twisties then stick with what you have.  I was honestly happily surprised by how well the busa handles, but the curves are the one and only place a liter bike is better/more fun than a busa.

I loved both my liter bikes when I owned them, but I would NEVER even consider going back to one.  I rode a friends CBR 954 the other day and couldn't believe I used to ride something that uncomfortable.

BTW - riding in Israel has to be pretty crazy.

Naaaaaa......

This is a beautiful country with nice roards and great asphalt. Its definatly not what you see on TV. I will, soon, post some pics of the places I ride often.

Thanks agian for the replies this is very helpful.

Please keep them comming....

I do love those CBR1000's.They are better for the twisty's.I bought the busa instead of the CBR for the comfort.If the ride doesn't bother you,keep it.It's a great bike.Would love to have one nexted to my busa.
Would be cool to see pics where you ride
beerchug.gif

I just happen to own a 2004 CBR 1000 and a 2006 Hayabusa and can give you a pretty good idea of what the differences are. If you are doing a lot of canyon riding or find yourself riding in traffic a lot stay with the CBR 1000. Despite what you may hear on this board, the CBR matches the Hayabusa for power in every situation with the mods you have to your CBR unless you ride above 160 mph often. If you are serious about "sport" riding you won't do better than what you have, just different.

Now, if you ride in all capacities, sport, sport touring, double, cruising, you would be hard pressed to find a better bike than the Hayabusa. My CBR has over 25,000 miles on it with a huge majority of that being track day mileage and it has never skipped a beat. I have drag raced it, road raced it, toured on it and done a few 900 mile weekends on it and I love it for what it is. Too bad all it has done since I bought the Hayabusa is sit in the garage waiting for another track day.

I don't know that I can compliment the Hayabusa any more than that. It is an awesome bike that took 7 years to find me. But find me it did!
super.gif

Thanks.

What do you think about commuting on the busa, Like going to the bank, movie, your favorite steak house......?

Is it possible?

Today, I have a Vespa px 150 1994 for commuting. but as for my next bike I want it to do EVERYTHING, but on the sporty side of the coin.

Does the Hayabusa's a good choice?

BTW,

The CBR IS a great bike. especialy wth all those mods on it.

I owned HD most of my life. Bought my first-ever sportbike last year. It happened to be an 06 Busa. I love the bike. Like you I also love the twisty's. After riding progressively better and better the past year, I can nearly keep up with my buddy on his 06 CBR1000RR. I have to get on the binders early due to the momentum going into corners. But I can scream out of the corners as well. I actually begin full throttle accelerations at mid turn, and the Busa handles them very well. I just have to be careful that I do not try to mimmick by buddy's entrance and braking habits. One day, if I survive the learning curve, I may even surprise the liter bikes by passing a few in the canyons! Ride Busa! Have a twisty blast!!!

Here's the deal, I have a 1983 VX 800 that can hang with the majority of the sport bike riders in this world just simply because most sportbike riders do not have the necessary training, experience, or mindset to ride quickly safely. The Busa is an infinitely better sport bike than my VX 800. So yes, a good rider on a Busa will be able to keep up with most other bikes in the canyons. Take that same rider and put him on a new 1000 and he will go just as quick as on the Busa w/quite a bit less effort. It is what it is, a big, heavy, long, motorcycle. The Busa was always going to be a compromise in this area as a result of its stats. Now, if you just like having fun, with the right mindset you can have fun on any bike (which is why I like playing with sportbike riders on my VX800). What I like best about the Busa is that it is good at everything. No matter what I do with it I am always pleasantly suprised at the outcome. If you ride with your head screwed on straight I am sure you will get a lot of happy, fun, exciting miles out of it. If your riding is canted more toward quick canyon blasts you might find that a newer 1000 is a lot more enjoyable to ride.

Oh, yes, you can commute on the Busa, take it to the movies, or just sit out on your front porch and admire it for what it is. I love this bike.

Thanks.

great comments. this is wha I need. Just off the phone with suzuki. They say the bike will be here only arround march
argue.gif

I have some wait to do.....

(Downtown @ Jul. 26 2007,20:53) Thanks.

great comments.    this is wha I need.    Just off the phone with suzuki.   They say the bike will be here only arround march
argue.gif

I have some wait to do.....
march?
that sucks
especially when you can ride 12 months/year

congrats in advance
good luck on the wait

Oh, yes, you can commute on the Busa, take it to the movies, or just sit out on your front porch and admire it for what it is. I love this bike.

And take it to bed...

If you want to own only 1 bike to do it all, I say, make it a Hayabusa! If you would also like that bike to be capable of all out canyon riding + trackdays occasionally, keep the literbike. Oh yeah, welcome to the ORG!
thumb_up.gif

Back