about to switch oils

busanewb

Registered
hey yall.

Im about to change my oil. Just got a sidewinder and have to do an oil filter relocator, so i figured Id change my oil. Anyways... I am looking at switching to amsoil 10w-40 with a facotry filter. yall recommend that it seems like for the most part when i searched. but what i couldnt find is it okay to switch to this oil without flushing the motor of the factory suzuki oil? Sorry if this has been discussed but ive been searching for an hour now and gave up looking.

Thanks

99% is drained out when pulling the plug and filter. That 1% wouldn't affect anything. I've used Amsoil in my Victory Vision and did not notice a difference between Amsoil and Victory Oil. I've also used Rotella in all my other bikes and never had a problem.

Personally, comes down to your money and how you want to spend it. The bike doesn't really care. Just My Opinion...

Just my 2 ct here , I use Amsoil 10w30 Dominator race oil , Motor showed no wear when torn down this winter Buckets looked like they were new and with a big head and cams 1441 , they do show something in most cases

i use amsoil. change and go. just started using the amsoil filter for my 06. i had a stash of stock oil filters so i wanted to use them up.

ive been doing a lot of reading and the general consensus is to wait till the second oil change to switch to synthetic. I only have 875 miles on the bike now, so should i stick with conventional oil or am i good to make the switch to synthetic?

Back