Pulling trigger on a seat...

Getn off

Registered
Yea, even me the noobi knows better than this, but I am about to pull the trigger on a new seat for my 13 and I am not sure which one to get. Yep, have searched a ton...here, and google. I am thinking the Zero Gravity Latigo. I am looking for something that lets me cruise the highway for long periods, yet looks good, and able to still switch and lean when needed.
Second choice was a saddleman.
Corbin was up there on the list too.
Even considered custom.
I guess my question is...is anyone unhappy with the Latigo? Sorry they got it and switched?
I know i will get a million different words of advise, if. I simply ask which is best.
Planning to buy this week and open to any advise guys and gals.
Only looking to change the drivers, as the lil woman will rarely if ever ride on this one! Lol
Thanks,
Troy

I got a Saddleman Gel track channel seat and it's awesome:thumbsup:

Quality is outstanding and it's comfortable once broken in but gives my busa a liter bike feel

Kinda worried that the guy with 25k post has never heard of the Latigo! Lol many people find it great.
The saddleman gel...does it get real hot in summer? Sounds like many complain any gel type seat gets hot after a short time.
Troy

I know Hayabusa4Life had the Saddleman and the fit was horrible (in my opinion) :down:

The Corbin fits better that stock ;)

I had a Corbin pair and swapped out for a Saddlemen set-up. I didn't mind the Corbins, my wife didn't care for the rear seat and preferred the factory. The fit and finish on the Saddlemen I have is good, no complaints and the matching cover for the rear seat looks good too.

Regarding the ZG Latigo. I'd looked at that them before even trying the Corbins and couldn't quite commit to the price. They looked good though. If I remember correctly Pashnit runs the ZG Latigo on his Busa.

I have a Corbin and like it. :thumbsup: If you get a Corbin give it at least a couple thousand miles before you decide if you like it or hate it.

First time that I've ever heard of a Zero Gravity Latigo also.

My daily use seat is a Corbin but I had a Russell Day-Long built for longer rides.

I just had my stock seat done by Spencer in Florida and opted for the Supracor and it is very comfortable and was cheap compared to a new custom seat. for $75. bucks you can't go wrong. The reason people say give the Corbin time to break in is because they are so HARD and sometimes never break in, I've had a couple over the years and have hated everyone of them I even had one that was owned by a guy who was at least 100lbs heavier than me and it was still hard.

You're right Turbo Bob, my Corbin is ROCK HARD. Makes absolutely zero sense why it is so comfortable, but it just is.. It's not like "wow, this seat is comfy" it's just that I ride for 500 miles and I'm like "wow, my a$$ doesn't hurt."

Hey bob...where in florida is this spencer? For $75, does he change the cover too, or just the foam?
Any link or contact info for him?
Thx,
Troy

Good to hear. Still pondering, thx!
Troy

Troy - the Zero Gravity Latigo ended up being my favorite all-around seat. It was lower cost, well-rounded and not hard or soft. Excellent for hanging off and moving around, plus there are members here that've done 1000 mile days on it. We can ship you one if you decide to go that route.

I had 5 seats. Corbin, custom-made New Image, and also an original Tobin. Suzuki Gel I didn't like. I used the AirHawk on my Iron Butt rides. And I just did a Lui Moto for the Z1000.

6993285406_11dd2d5144_b.jpg

7139371495_f84ed03fbb_b.jpg

6993286086_01e06ed553_b.jpg

7139371825_60810e06f2_b.jpg

Panshnit, thx.
You like the latigo over the Corbin...if cost were the same?
Really thinking Latigo. Hmmmm.
Troy

Troy - I've had Corbin's on 3 different bikes on the FJ1200 (back in day), my ZX-11D and on the Busa. The Corbin I have for the Gen-II is really firm, and not so great for hanging off or spirited riding. I used it for Iron Butt rides combined with the AirHawk. Can't say a bad word about them, they are a household name because they work. Just not for me & my style of riding.

7390804714_1f98c73609_b.jpg

7506164318_7be62dbfd3_b.jpg

7829448246_25ab5f11c0_b.jpg

Ordered a Latigo. Will let everyone know how it is once it comes in. Pashnt, I checked ur site, but found one for $195 shipped. Sorry. But thanks for all ur help.
Troy

Haven't done anything but install and roll her around to her fav spot in the garage, but I will tell you...Damn! This Latigo is comfy! Lets see how it does on my 1500 mile trek in 2 weeks!
Troy

Back