Bar Risers

chrissb6

Registered
Looking at getting my Busa into a more comfy touring mode ready for our Norway trip next year. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction
Be most appreciated.

I put the Speigler/ABM bars on my 2014, and in a word - Amazing. In more than one word - So much more comfortable than my Helibar set up! My bike is set up for touring with a pro-oiler, Moto-lights, Corbin Seat, Zero Gravity touring screen with the Vario deflector, Pazzo racing levers etc. I have put off buying luggage (leaning towards Givi topcase and panniers) until I find out if I'm moving from Alaska next year, in which case I'd probably buy a trailer instead of the touring luggage. Anyway, from a guy who likes to spend days in the saddle iron-butt style, it (the ABM bar mod) has been hands down the best improvement I've made to my bike for touring.

Blrry

I run Helibars and a Genmar riser milled down to 5/8" . The brake reservoir just touches the wind screen at full left lock(MRA vario screen). Big improvement over stock. I had to twist the clutch line and bracket up slightly to keep the line from being pulled tight.

Thanks Guys for he feedback, l swinging towards the Speigler/ABM bar setup it looks an impressive complete package, although it's not cheap there's no price for comfort.

High thanks for the offer but l think logistics might be a problem here. PM me details and I'll have a look

There that good?! I have trawled the web and still not made a call. Your post has almost convinced me to go this route

There that good?! I have trawled the web and still not made a call. Your post has almost convinced me to go this route

I had the Spiegler setup too.
It was very good.
I had a back injury and it helped a lot. I personally found the Busa gas tank too long and eventually traded for a B-King.
I had .75" bar riser and Heli-bars before and they worked well, but the Spiegler was a big improvement.

Here ya go...

20140811_131315.jpg

Even tho they say to trim the screen, I set up mine where it only slightly touches the screen and that is only on full lock to the left so I left it alone. I have them on my ZX14R for 2 years and they also slightly touch without any trouble from that. You will love them, I actually used different bars on my 14 that are even higher than what Spiegler sends with the kit.

BOB_3729 copy.jpg

Even tho they say to trim the screen, I set up mine where it only slightly touches the screen and that is only on full lock to the left so I left it alone. I have them on my ZX14R for 2 years and they also slightly touch without any trouble from that. You will love them, I actually used different bars on my 14 that are even higher than what Spiegler sends with the kit.

You can always add another riser on top of the riser to make it a little more comfortable also. I added another riser that brings it up another inch and brings it back an inch closer to the rider. It may be cheaper just to go with a different bar if you decide on the spiegler kit.

Chriss, also check out what risers you use.

I have done a top yoke conversion on a Busa and there is a difference between
straight risers and angled back risers, both with the riding position of the bars and the
clearance to the fairing. I had angled risers on my faired bike and straight ones
on my naked.
I use an ABM kit with the option of different risers.

Even with wider 789 Renthals I still used stock throttle and fast idle cables and stock
switchgear looms on both side with a little rerouting.
I only needed new clutch a brake lines. Stock fitted at a stretch but I wasn't happy.

Back