Anyone installed on of this to the Gen II

riccoh

Registered
I know Tiger racing undertrays are fairly common on the GEN I, but has anyone actually installed one in their GEN II? I can see the benefit of weight savings and since I got mine I'm debating to install or not. I could appreciate your inputs if you have one and better yet what did you use to secure the battery to the tray?

TT2-13B_400.jpg

I have not, but there is a thread here where someone did a couple years ago.
He said he took the idea of the gen2 trunk mod and sent it to Tiger Racing, they then made him their first gen2 undertail.
It seems to work fine, but keep in mind that water and dirt from street riding will get all over everything in the undertail.
It does not seal around the inner undertail in any way at all, therefore it's really only practical for a track bike.
The trashcan mod keeps everything clean and dry from underneath. But, as always, rain water will blow in around the passenger seat/hump and top of the undertail, even on a completely stock bike. Some sort of weather stripping around the top of the undertail/bottom of rear seat/hump is the only way to make the trunk waterproof.

What if you don't ride in the rain? Even stock water gets everywhere from rain.

If you install a tire hugger on your swingarm it will keep most water/debris from splashing up on it. Been running a setup like that 4 a while with no problems

What if you don't ride in the rain? Even stock water gets everywhere from rain.

That rain water blows in from the top, around the rear seat or hump.
Not from underneath.
Look at a Tiger undertray installed on a gen2, it's completely open around the edges aside from the 2 raised edges.

Yup did it installed it today, and must agree with the comments, to much open space and the space left between the bottom and the rear tire it's not much so wnet back to the factory under tray until I can decide for a hugger before I put it back on...
Mean while since I was at it, I did installed the smoke taillight and smoke turn signals and cleaned up the electrical. Now the gps is powered only white the key on, with the boost by smith harness and the cell phone is now in the trunk, removed the stem mount and installed the techmount for the gps.. Oh well more parts for the project bin down the road

Back