tail light wiring

dangeroustyz

Registered
Hello all. Its been awhile. I got a new issue....my aftermarket tail light wasn't working. Figured led went out so I ordered a new one. Pluged up factory plug blinker wires are cut but easy enough to sort out. My question is does the foot brake plug need to be plunged in to make tail light work? As y'all know my bike is missing rear lever for now until I can sort out the rotor situation. Thanks for the info.

Hello all. Its been awhile. I got a new issue....my aftermarket tail light wasn't working. Figured led went out so I ordered a new one. Pluged up factory plug blinker wires are cut but easy enough to sort out. My question is does the foot brake plug need to be plunged in to make tail light work? As y'all know my bike is missing rear lever for now until I can sort out the rotor situation. Thanks for the info.

Ive just had a look on my 2009 Busa and yes the piston/plug that goes into the rear brake master cylinder travels in/gets plunged in when the rear brake pedal is pushed which will or should make the rear brake light come on

What year is your bike, download the free service manual for your bike. Without looking at the drawings I would say no. The front and rear brake switches should be in parallel not series, so if the rear brake switch is removed it should not affect the front brake switch activating the brake light.

Thanks guys. I got an 06. The factory plug is there just the blinker plugs are cut. I plug in harness but it don't light up. My aftermarket tail light has the plug then a yellow wire and a blue wire i hooked to power and light comes on but when brake lever is applied light goes out. I have a volt meter and can test tail light with my drill battery to sort out the wires on assembly. My only concern was that it may not work due to foot brake not being plunged in. I had pics of bike on here. Title diamond in the ruff. Still trying to figure out the new stuff they did to this site. Don't see how to load pics. At least from phone. Have to check from computer. Thanks for your replies fellas

It should not matter if the rear brake is plunged . Call the manufacture of the tail light and get tech support.

I got it figured out. The aftermarket harness wires didn't match the stock. It work great now. Another question I have is how to adjust the idol? Currently I'm at 2k rpm should be about 12ish right? Thanks guys.

IMG_20140920_110450_316-1.jpg

First make sure the fast idle is off, the idle adjust is on the brake side, you can slide a small long straight blade screwdriver between the fuel tank and frame and adjust the idle screw on the throttle body. You should see the throttle cables in that area. 1250-1300 warm. fast idle off.

Fast idle? Are you referring to the choke lever on the clutch side? I will checkand adjust screw on tb. Thanks as always.

Back