Woo hoo! Got Dyno tuned and mods!

FenixMike

Registered
I know, 40,000 other people have had it done, but this was the first bike ive actually gone beyond slapping parts with off the website dynojet tunes, and my first Busa!
I didnt get a stock one done because I honestly wasnt sure if I was going to dyno tune it, or just use a dynojet file, but now im glad I did!

Mods are Akrapovic full single side exhaust and PC5, bike has 3,000 miles on it and 91 octane. The dyno was in a tiny little enclosed room with fans and such but it appeared to be consistent with 4 pulls straight being within 1 hp of each other.

Before with the exhaust and Dynojet file - 171 rwhp / 100 tq
After with the custom tune - 180 rwhp / 107 tq!

I put all the stuff on myself, Go AZ did the tuning at their dealership.

dyno.jpg

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

Sweet!! :thumbsup:

I know exactly how your feeling, I just recently completed my first build/dyno and custom tune :beerchug:

I see go AZ tuned it - was it the skinny younger kid. James I believe or mark?
When.I had head and cams on my 13 we hit 200 at the wheel same dyno. Good tuners. Unfortunately James is the only one who can tune using each. Hit me up to go cruise around phoenix

When.I had head and cams on my 13 we hit 200 at the wheel same dyno. Good tuners. Unfortunately James is the only one who can tune using each. Hit me up to go cruise around phoenix

Meant tune ecu

Nice! :thumbsup:

Now take it to a dyno that's not in a little enclosed room and see what it really pulls... :laugh:

Only 4 pulls for the custom tune?
Oddly enough, the Dynojet tune wasnt that far off (I wish I did a stock to custom but I didnt want to ride around without at least something in there). He did a total of about 15 pulls I believe, those were just the final ones where he changed the name of the file and did some power runs.

Jim tuned it, great guy and does a lot of the local bikes! Im in Gilbert, what part of phoenix are you in? I dont ride much because it seems like no one has bikes anymore, or they do stupid stuff and I dont want to be associated with them. He showed me the ECU stuff and gave me the option to buy the cable, but I already had the exhaust and PC5 in the mail so I figured next time. I imagine there isnt too much power to pickup with timing adjustments and 91 octane, and he told me about a few other goodies he can do, but for what I do with the bike, its more than fast enough right now!

Nice! :thumbsup:

Now take it to a dyno that's not in a little enclosed room and see what it really pulls... :laugh:
haha id like to, but the only reason I had it dyno tuned was safety and running correctly, I dont care about dyno numbers, and its fast enough to pucker the butthole in 1st!

Oddly enough, the Dynojet tune wasnt that far off (I wish I did a stock to custom but I didnt want to ride around without at least something in there). He did a total of about 15 pulls I believe, those were just the final ones where he changed the name of the file and did some power runs.
Amount of WOT pulls doesn't matter the load control part does that what take 3 hours

Jim tuned it, great guy and does a lot of the local bikes! Im in Gilbert, what part of phoenix are you in? I dont ride much because it seems like no one has bikes anymore, or they do stupid stuff and I dont want to be associated with them. He showed me the ECU stuff and gave me the option to buy the cable, but I already had the exhaust and PC5 in the mail so I figured next time. I imagine there isnt too much power to pickup with timing adjustments and 91 octane, and he told me about a few other goodies he can do, but for what I do with the bike, its more than fast enough right now!

I'm also in Gilbert.
I'll be rolling down to GOAZ soon to tune my turbo busa :)

Back