Just picked up my 2013 ABS:)

murphc13

Registered
Hi guys,just wanted to let you know i picked up my 2013 ABS yesterday and totally love it.
I had a long spin to get her home(400 miles approx) and really enjoyed it.
A few initial thoughts,some obvious:
The brakes aren't great.I thought they'd be better with the four pot brembos and ABS.
The OEM screen isn't great and will need to go for (most likely) a puig clear/semi smoked DB.
The oem cans suck(no surprise here).I saw some scorpion serket cans in the dealers and they're really nice(you can see what they look like mounted on the scorpion website).
The fuel tank range is great(im coming from an RSV4(tank range nightmare)).
The clutch is nice and light.
Neutral is found nice and easy.
The clocks are great and look great at night:).
Nice to have a metal tank(my gps couldnt be mounted to the bars(as on my aprilia) so i had to buy a tank bag with GPS pocket).
My 99 busa a few years back with brembo master cylinder and brembo sintered road pads stopped better than my new 2013.
Can any of you recommend the Brembo RCS master cyl or radial MS for GENII?
Glad to be finally part of the busa family again:)

Well the master on the 13 is the same as your 99 so no surprise it aint that big an improvement having the Brembo calipers.
Initial bite is subtle rather than good but at the same time I hate the stock levers..always felt they were bending as i pulled the lever...even cheap chinese ones feel better.
Stock pads are like wood and after 3000 miles mine have barely worn 1mm ( yellow 13 )...i used to have Carbon Loarraine pads on my old 03 bike and they were done after 4000.
The ABS system increases the plumbing and maybe effects the net pressure reaching the calipers.
Master cylinder wise my old bike got the brake and clutch units from a 07/08 GSXR1000...not the best by any means but cheap enough and no faffing about with the wiring for the brake and clutch switches.

Tank range...lol...my other bike is a V4 Tuono and the busa can do double the mileage per tank but I do love the APRC kit on the aprilia...wishful thinking that the Gen 3 busa will have something as sweet to play with.

Enjoy the Busa...addictive aren't they.

Ya mate for sure.The Aprilia was great but im so happy to trade for the ABS Busa you cannot imagine.The V4 was too uncompromising.My new bad boy does everything(well almost) the V4 did and a lot more.Im thinking of doing the RCS master cyl and brembo sintered pads along with the exhaust ASAP.Pity it costs so much to register here in Ireland...buts that the Irish government/revenue.
Seeing as you have a 2013 ABS also mate do you know if theres anything special needed when upgrading the brakes?With regards pads,master cyl.,braided lines etc due to the ABS?
Thanks mate!!

You need specially made brake lines from the master if your planning to change them.
I know what you mean about the Busa doing everything...just watch that speedo on open roads...think Concorde compared to the F16 Aprila.
Busa will cruise all day even 2 up at speeds the Ape has to work at.
I caught myself doing well over 100 with the stock cans and it felt like normal road speed....needs cans to give a sense of speed.
Screen wise i've tried loads and use an MRA one at the moment...however my previous Gen 2 had a cheap chinese double bubble that worked better.
Not palnning on changing anything brake wise on mine just yet....had it a year and bit by bit the brakes are improving, especially with the changed levers.

Ditch the abs...... You'll lose about 5-6 lbs and gain more feedback through the lever. It'll also stop better!!
Mine stops better with one front brembo caliper and rotor and no abs than it did with the abs and both rotors/calipers

Yes on the Brembo Rcs!

IMG_0822 (Small).JPG

IMG_0823 (Small).JPG

IMG_0824 (Small).JPG

Yes on the Brembo Rcs!
Clutch side too mate!!!Ouch!!!Lot of cash....here that would swing me around €600-€700.And on the ABS thing guys....i just bought her...id prefer to keep it but ill see how it stops when she gets Brembo'ed the fcuk up:)

I have totally remove the ABS, i also have swapped the calipers. I had Brembo Hp calipers on my Gen1 and mover them onto the Gen 2.
Clutch side too mate!!!Ouch!!!Lot of cash....here that would swing me around €600-€700.And on the ABS thing guys....i just bought her...id prefer to keep it but ill see how it stops when she gets Brembo'ed the fcuk up:)

Congratulations!! :cheerleader:
I replaced the rubber hoses with good aftermarket hoses and better brake pads. It was total improvement, definitely worth the $300.

I doubt i ever would anyway man.I have no doubt that the RCS Brembo MS and brembo sintered pads(although a lot of guys rave about EBC HH extreme i think) will stop the bike nicely:)

the brakes are much improved than the previous version and they are not so bad. you will get used to them.. do not rush to modify. keep your money for an exhaust

Ha you need to ride my bike!
the brakes are much improved than the previous version and they are not so bad. you will get used to them.. do not rush to modify. keep your money for an exhaust

Back