Which are the 3 most important motorcycles of all the ages

If we are talking Jap performance bikes then I would say the Kawasaki Z-1 900's of the early 70's would be first...... then maybe the old Hurricanes, and then the Hayabusa.

Harley Davidson V-Rod, 1985 Gsxr 750, Hayabusa, Honda Z50, Ducati 916, '87 CBR600F, VFR750R

I can't just pick 3. Sorry.

1) 1957 Harley Sportster - First American bike for the every man - 55 cu in Iron head - longest model in continuous production
2) 1958 Honda Super Cub - has introduced more people to cycling than any other bike. > 60 million units sold. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" Among the greatest ad compaigns as well.
3) And in a nod to the Org... 1999 Copper Hayabusa. First hyperbike - iconic sportsbike way ahead of its time. Still holds it's own after fifteen years of engineers trying to bury it...

Vincent Black Shadow - The busa of the 50s. 55hp 998cc twin. The first superbike.
Honda CB750 - First mass produced inline 4
GSXR750 - First lightweight track focused streetbike.

All revolutionary bikes.

Other bikes are just evolutionary.

I'm not even 30 and I'm not a motorcycle expert by any means but, I think the honda cub and the busa top my personal list..... There's a lot of old timers here so, I know they are going to mention bikes from waaaaaayyyyyyyyy before I was born. Lol

There's a lot of old timers here so, I know they are going to mention bikes from waaaaaayyyyyyyyy before I was born. Lol

Sorry, I just woke from my morning nap...

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

1) 1957 Harley Sportster - First American bike for the every man - 55 cu in Iron head - longest model in continuous production
2) 1958 Honda Super Cub - has introduced more people to cycling than any other bike. > 60 million units sold. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" Among the greatest ad compaigns as well.
3) And in a nod to the Org... 1999 Copper Hayabusa. First hyperbike - iconic sportsbike way ahead of its time. Still holds it's own after fifteen years of engineers trying to bury it...

for a moment I thought that you forget the Haya :)

Wild Bill's road dog, the English fella's Z1600 V8, and my 400 hondamatic toilet bowl sidecar.

:beerchug: never have 3 machines inspired more creativity in backyard fabricators than these 3 bikes. :rulez:

Gigantic_Motorcycle_Wild_Bill_Road_Dog_600w.jpg

1974-Kawasaki-1600-V8-Logo.jpg

bike%20pics%20030.jpg

Back