What kind of gas do you use?

Octane Level

• Total voters
I decided to start using 87 this year and have NEVER had a problem with it. I'm going to monitor how it feels as the temp climbs to 90-100 deg this summer but I don't think I will have any problems.

Remember always run the lowest octane your engine can handle. I had a Mustang that I ran 87 with no problem but my Neon would choke on 87.

I follow what the manual recommends: regular when I had my 01, Premium when I had my old 08 and now my 09.

With a compression ratio of 12.5/1 on the Gen II I run 92-93 in central Ohio.

I'm sure you could get away with less but why risk it for 20 cents less per gallon?

Stock Gen I 87, Stock Gen II 91 up. No alcohol in Gen I :laugh: You can run alcohol in Gen II. For mileage reasons I don't run alcohol in my Gen II unless I have to.

When i'm just riding/traveling I run 87 octane in my gen2 and get 45 mpg or so. If i know i'm going to be hard on it or running the nitrous I run 93. I have different maps for each. Hopefully the new editor release will allow ABC mode so i don't have to reflash it all the time.

Here is a gas related thing, but I have not tested on the Kabusa. I just got a full dresser, 83 Venture 1200cc and paid $600. just needed carb cleaning and sync. Runs great.... First fill I put in gas from BP and got 39.39 miles to the gallon. Second fill up I use PDQ gas (3c cheaper for 93 oct.) I got 33 miles to the gallon... I did the same test 2 times now with the same results. My car on 87 oct. Went from 29, to 33 using BP gas.... I will test my Kabusa soon using 87 oct.

Premium in my 09 (as recommended)... Also (at least in my hometown), I can still get 93 Premium at two stations, with no "Ethanol" added :thumbsup:

When it was stock, 87 (regular). Now it has a 1397, ported head, and tuned for 93...so I am stuck with Premium. :whistle:

Back