1000 tail mod

You might want to perform a search. There are a couple of brave souls out there who've done it. I think it looks a bit daft...like some of those bloke I see at the gym with huge upper bodies and little skinny legs.

Not my bike, but I like it!

IMG_1458.jpg

Not a big fan. No passenger pegs, no rear seat accommodations. But chances are if you like that look, you're riding alone anyway. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think it's sexy. And yes, I can ride a passenger if I want. My girlfriend rides her own ride though, so no need.

I'm about to update this thread with a bunch of good pictures too.

You'll save yourself a billion hours if you buy the kit, aside from me still needing to find someone to do a pro upholstery job on my seat I think doing it custom looks better.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/145085-my-99s-makeover-progress.html

Not entirely fair, you made yours. This kit that is linked above doesn't appear to have any provisions for pegs or any strength past the front of the seat cowl. I would assume a passenger seat is out of the question. I am assuming though since I don't like the looks of it anyway there isn't a chance of me buying one. I understand the different strokes thing, but I LOVE the exhaust on a MV Augusta F4, but I'd never dream of trying that on a Busa. They are different bikes, and they are different for a reason. Stop cross-pollinating these bikes! :laugh:

Interesting, the OP asks for pics; yet people that have no relative input to the original posted question, choose to weigh in.

I'm on my phone at the moment. I'll try to post pics that I've seen when I get home.

That being said, I have a gen2 busa tail still. But respect others desires to explore the possibilities out there.

Interesting, the OP asks for pics; yet people that have no relative input to the original posted question, choose to weigh in.

I'm on my phone at the moment. I'll try to post pics that I've seen when I get home.

That being said, I have a gen2 busa tail still. But respect others desires to explore the possibilities out there.

Yet you still provide no pics?
He asked if we had any pics, we answered. No.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

i like it...but DEFF not for a daily bike...you lose alot of storage room, passanger room and comfortablity

You seem angry or frustrated. You want to talk about it? Perhaps over a pot of tea and some kettle corn?

Yet you still provide no pics?
He asked if we had any pics, we answered. No.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Unfortunately, I still haven't made it home. You didn't just answer. I am on many boards, for all different kinds of material; vehicles, bikes, guns, ect.... My typical input is limited to technical advice for others. However seeing people start a debate or belittle other peoples ideas does get annoying. The OP asked for simple information.

I'll get off my soapbox. Sorry for the thread derail.

Since I'm still posting mobile and not from home, I'll see what pis I can dig up. Here are the pics from the thread that BigE linked.

Also a you tube vid from a supercharged Gen2 with 1k tail.

1111a80c.jpg

b17105ef.jpg

54ac3560.jpg

f2ffff71.jpg

f5e510b6.jpg

1170525e.jpg

154103b7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/takismilas#p/u/9/Lj0QMvPJejI

Last edited:
Back