How to adjust high beam on gen2....

edcop

Banned
I had to take the front nose off for maintanence over the winter and messes the high beam up.

How do you adjust high beam without taking nose back off?

Tips and tricks please, thank you.

Remove the 6 plastic pushpins that hold the flat plastic peice under the nose. Reach up on the left side next to the headlight, there is a 10mm or 12mm bolt head(can't remember which), turn it clockwise and counterclockwise to raise and lower the beam.
Easiest way I found was a 1/4"drive ratchet and socket and go for a ride after dark with the plastic trim panel out(won't hurt anything). Ride a ways and adjust, repeat until it's where you like it. I think it's much better than adjusting it in the driveway, the beam never seems to be the same when you ride.:beerchug:

After running a search I was unable to find the thread with the pics I was looking for :(

All you need is a phillips screw driver after removing the lower panel.https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/21106-headlight-adjustment-what-gives.html

I know this the gen1 but the gen 2 is almost the same, pretty sure :laugh: phillps screwdriver slides through channels and by turning it you can adjust it with out the use of socket or ratchet... can't believe that thread is lost in the vast knowledge of the org. :( Even said what size phillips to use and he showed how to slide it through the channels to turn the screws

Those screws have teeth and when the right size screw driver is inserted you turn the screw like the gears meshing in the differential of a car

After running a search I was unable to find the thread with the pics I was looking for :(

All you need is a phillips screw driver after removing the lower panel.https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/21106-headlight-adjustment-what-gives.html

I know this the gen1 but the gen 2 is almost the same, pretty sure :laugh: phillps screwdriver slides through channels and by turning it you can adjust it with out the use of socket or ratchet... can't believe that thread is lost in the vast knowledge of the org. :( Even said what size phillips to use and he showed how to slide it through the channels to turn the screws

Those screws have teeth and when the right size screw driver is inserted you turn the screw like the gears meshing in the differential of a car

Not the same, read above post:poke:, slacker:laugh:

I just went through this after installing a Low beam HID,, One adjuster for the high and low beam,,, NUTS
Mike

Back