VooDoo Exhaust Opinions

Sum Beach

Registered
Just bought myself an 09 Busa and was checkin out different exhaust systems to shop for.
Anyone on here running a VooDoo exhaust system or know anyone who is on their Gen 2?
Would like opinions. Good or bad!! Thanks!!

depends on what your going for. loud and piss off the neighbors:laugh: thats what i like, being heard from a mile away. definitely get the ones with the baffles in it, they're not much on the performance side, but i think they sure do clean up the bike. plus the marble mod is a must with these pipes.....

14.jpg

You want loud and good performance increase got with a Tsukigi Cannon if you can find one. That or a Brock's A-head which is also going to optimize the weight shaving.

Personally, I think The CT single is the way I'd go for best performance enhancement. It's not real loud, I don't think.

Voodoos---always heard they're for looks. definitely cut some weight. Personally, I think slipons are a waste of money unless you can get them dirt cheap.

Talk about dirt cheap? Not Voodoo but Hedman Hot Tips from Summit Racing. $23 a piece. They are baffled and sound really good! I know there is no performance gain but my seat of the pants dyno says there is no loss either. I highly recommend them for a low cost exhaust change. Less than $80 for the tips and adapters.
47cfad69-7d0d-208c.jpg

i went to hedman they did not have hayabusa in there model data base ... which exhaust tips did you use.... and what connectors

Does anyone know what the factory (09 model) system weights? and are there big gains (or rather losses) by going aftermarket with total system or just slipons?

I prefer the factory sound, but suspect they are heavy. thanks

Does anyone know what the factory (09 model) system weights? and are there big gains (or rather losses) by going aftermarket with total system or just slipons?

I prefer the factory sound, but suspect they are heavy. thanks

Full stock gen2 exhaust weighs around 48 lbs. The average single side aftermarket full system weighs roughly 15lbs(some more, some less, they're all different). The only companies I know that make a full gen2 exhaust with dual mufflers are Akrapovic, Brock's, and Ti Force.
Slip ons can save you 10 to 15 lbs, and you can feel that the weight is gone when flicking the bike through curves. The average slip ons will give you about 1 or 2 hp, you'll never notice it. They also don't need a map and a tune. A full system also doesn't NEED a map and dyno tune, the bike will run safely without it. However it's best to have a dyno tune if you can afford it, it will smooth things out alot. A good tune and full system can get you around 10 hp. Keep in mind these are just ballpark numbers also. There are several full exhausts and slipons that are very quiet. Alot of slipons (and some full systems) have removeable baffles/plugs for the ends of the pipes that will keep them around 2 or 3 decibles quieter. Vance and Hines also makes a universal header that works with all slipons(including stock mufflers) it's good because it gets rid of the catalytic converter(I gutted mine on the stock header as it was cooking my feet) None of the full systems have a catalytic converter either.
You'll get lots of opinions on exhausts, but here's a couple examples of popular ones. Yoshimura R-77 slipons have a good sound and aren't loud, and are actually very quiet with the baffles in the tips. If you like the stock sound, theses are good. The Brocks Alien Head full system makes alot of power, but is louder than most folks prefer. I don't think it's excessive(just my opinion) but not something to cruise around quietly on either.
If you listen to sound clips on YouTube, you really can't tell, in person is the best way to decided on something. Most manufacturers post the decibel ratings of their exhausts on their websites, that'll give you some idea to compare to stock.
There are lots of folks running lots of exhausts on here to ask opinions from too.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info!!
I wanted to ask about the VooDoo because I like the minimalist look and the 30+ pound weight savings over stock mufflers. I am not concerned about power gains for now.
As far as decibel levels are concerned, I really do enjoy pissing off the neighbors.

I wanted to ask about the VooDoo because I like the minimalist look and the 30+ pound weight savings over stock mufflers. I am not concerned about power gains for now.
As far as decibel levels are concerned, I really do enjoy pissing off the neighbors.

...and wear ear plugs because you go deaf by age 50!:rofl:
i had roaring toyz megaphone on mine and it is as loud as voo doo!! i won't do it again.. it gets annoying after a while!

I'd hope you don't have a neighbour like me were I you, cos if you do you're likely to have a brick slammed into the back of your head early one Sunday morning! AND he's sure to get a round of applause from the rest of your neighbours after he does it.

Wear earplugs for you . Neighbors////? IDK. I roll my bike out to the street to start it. I isn't too terribly loud once it simmers down off of fast idle.

I'm told it literally shakes the window panes of the next door building when I start it in back by the garage.

Last edited:

where do you get 30# for cans????:banghead:
maybe 12
just get a full system

I'd hope you don't have a neighbour like me were I you, cos if you do you're likely to have a brick slammed into the back of your head early one Sunday morning! AND he's sure to get a round of applause from the rest of your neighbours after he does it.

hahaha then the assault charges would roll in for you sir. i would love for you to do that to me. just my 2 cents...on the other hand they are loud and i love mine, but i am respectful of others in the neighborhood.:thumbsup:

hahaha then the assault charges would roll in for you sir. i would love for you to do that to me. just my 2 cents...on the other hand they are loud and i love mine, but i am respectful of others in the neighborhood.:thumbsup:

Assault charges:laugh:yeah right. I don't have or want a loud exhaust, but they don't bother me either. A brick to the head is attempted murder and cause for self defense. The guy who threw the brick(assuming I didn't see it coming and could get up from a back of the head shot...and the odds are pretty good I will) is gonna be leaving the yard in a box!

A brick to the head is attempted murder and cause for self defense. The guy who threw the brick(assuming I didn't see it coming and could get up from a back of the head shot...and the odds are pretty good I will) is gonna be leaving the yard in a box!
Gosh...you're REALLY scary sweetie...if I give you my lunch money will you promise not to beat me up after school?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back