'08 can be had for $7,000. Should I?

CWCobra

Registered
I am VERY happy with my 2007 'Busa, and have no real need for more.
However, there is an '08 Orange 'Busa with 1,200 miles that I can probably get for $7,000.

Is this a good enough deal that I should jump at it? I've got room in the garage for two 'Busas, at least until spring, when I might sell one.

Thoughts?

CW

great price, low miles, I bought my 2008 orange and black (the fastest) with 1035 miles on her for 8400, with alot of extras, loved my 2007 red one but this is just more of everything in my opinion

DSC00104.JPG

Isn't that kind of a high price?! I mean, in comparison, my buddy has an 08 14 for sale... 3K miles, pcIII, bmc filter, brock's short meg full system, 2-8" Macintosh arm set at 6 1/6" over, lowered 3" in rear and 1 1/2" up front, a clutch lock up, and it's meticulously maintained... all for just $9K. Depending on what's been done to this 08 Busa, it seems like you could get a better deal in my opinion. Akron, Ohio craigslist has several Busa's for sale. Just my .02 Good luck.

That is a great price in my opinion. I would jump on that deal for sure.

Have u ridden a gen2? I did and was hooked! Also last year I happened to stumble accross an 08 w/ 4k miles and got it for $6600 :cheerleader: When I got it home my 03 went on CL for $5995 and sold immediately. I practically traded bikes ... :cool:

Carbon Seat 001b.JPG

You might like your 07 But it will not compare to that 08! Much different ride and much more torque! I love my 08! GET IT! YOU KNOW YOU WONT BE SATISFIED UNTIL YOU DO ANYWAYS! :thumbsup:

Isn't that kind of a high price?! I mean, in comparison, my buddy has an 08 14 for sale... 3K miles, pcIII, bmc filter, brock's short meg full system, 2-8" Macintosh arm set at 6 1/6" over, lowered 3" in rear and 1 1/2" up front, a clutch lock up, and it's meticulously maintained... all for just $9K. Depending on what's been done to this 08 Busa, it seems like you could get a better deal in my opinion. Akron, Ohio craigslist has several Busa's for sale. Just my .02 Good luck.

You can't compare them, ZX14's have HORRIBLE resale value...

Not to mention with those kind of mods, it's been drag raced HARD!

Have u ridden a gen2? I did and was hooked! Also last year I happened to stumble accross an 08 w/ 4k miles and got it for $6600 :cheerleader: When I got it home my 03 went on CL for $5995 and sold immediately. I practically traded bikes ... :cool:

I'm parked on this fence too... though if I thought I could do this type of flip, I'd do it tomorrow :thumbsup: I love my gen 1 but getting something new would be nice too :whistle:

The '08 I'm looking at has after-market pipes (OEMs are long gone), and a very rusty chain - as if it had been stored out-of-doors. Plus, I'm not at all certain that I could actually get it for $7K. It's been sitting in theis credit union lobby as a repo for a couple of months now, and they've already marked it down a couple of times. After looking at prices on Cycle Trader, and Craigs, I'm not as impressed with the price as I was at first. I paid $7,000 for my '07 in late 2007 - it was only a year old at the time. '08 models are 3 years old right about now. Anyhow, after some reflection, it doesn't seem like all that good a deal after all.

I had actually been looking for a 2010 Connie anyhow...guess I'll just re-focus on that. If anybody else is interested, just PM me and I'll send you the details.

CW

You can't compare them, ZX14's have HORRIBLE resale value...

Not to mention with those kind of mods, it's been drag raced HARD!
I had 2008 ZX14 with less than 2000 miles $7650 was best I got and that was
10/09 bike went with stands, extra seat, two wind screens. Now around here used busa's aren't selling much better...

Very bad deal.

Its so bad I think you should give me the guys name, address, phone number and exact location of the bike and I will go buy it, I mean I mean. Let him know we dont appreciate people taking advantage of our brothers

Please fill in the gaps

Owners name _______________________________________

Owners address ____________________________________

Owners phone Number _______________________________

Back