Plug and Play Teather Kill Switch?

AK Addict

Registered
OK guys I'm taking my 09 to the track and need a kill switch. I hate the thought of cutting any wires so I'm looking for suggestions for a plug and play unit. BTW here she is.
2i9718j.jpg

oidgyw.jpg

I dont think ive ever heard of something like that, i did mine on my own and had to cut wires it wasnt that bad. Im not technically savvy by any means either.

They do make them but its not a bad job to cut 1 wire that runs out of our kill button housing ( orange wire) and add the kill wires. Might take you all of 10mins total to hook it up.

I've never seen one but it sounds like a task for smithabusa to build a harness. The connectors might make it to expensive for people to be willing to pay the price however.

no if greg was to build it it would be fairly cheap im sure, just not sure wher it would plug into

i guess the wires have a plug someplace down the line, he could splice into, and then just run the kill switch off the bars somplace ,

its the mounting bracket that cost so much

i got mine off the site for 50 bucks was a PMR and yes they are super simple to install

only problem is they go with the bike if you sell it

do what i did...unsolder the 2 wires from the inside of the original on/off kill switch and re-solder them to the 2 wires from the new kill switch. no cuting necessary and all the soldered wires can still be hidden under the control lever housing. when u take it back off just re-solder the wires back to the button:thumbsup: I also did this on the other side..took wires off the pass button...heat shrunk them so they wouldnt touch anything..then soldered on the wires that go to my nos solenoid ... and now the pass button really means pass

Last edited:
I have the 1 Pat linked ya to from Ryan at Schnitz. Super easy and NO splicing. The only way to fly. Oh, its on my Gen 1

tether.jpg

I got an mps ks and just ran the wires into the run/off switch box and soldered in. Easy as pie, and the best part is no one can even see how crappy of a soldering job you did :thumbsup:

Yes... but at the track they might stay up on 2 wheels for awhile :laugh:

:lol: how long would it take for a busa to finally stop by itself from a 150+mph roll.

You could just find you an outlaw track bro, go out there in flip flops and t-shirt and give it hell. :rofl: at least thats how the two i've been to were. well, the last time i went to ours, i take it back, they did do a tech, if no fluids were under the bike you were gold.

do they test it?? i was reading on motohouston about people going to academy/walmart and picking up a kill tether for a boat, just velcro-ing it to the bike and faking it. and what the guy above said, some tracks are saying the tipover sensor is good enough.

:lol: how long would it take for a busa to finally stop by itself from a 150+mph roll.

You could just find you an outlaw track bro, go out there in flip flops and t-shirt and give it hell. :rofl: at least thats how the two i've been to were. well, the last time i went to ours, i take it back, they did do a tech, if no fluids were under the bike you were gold.
someone did it at the texas mile at 200 mph..i believe the bike ran for a long way before falling over

Hey guys, looking to do the kill switch this week - I've got the one that plugs directly into the kickstand switch.

What's the easiest way to access the plug for the switch? I popped the switch off but the plug doesn't go right into it (I'm assuming the harness extends into the fairing somewhere).

Thanks!

there should only be 1 two pin connector for sidestand, i remember a while back hearing of some that were shipped with incorrect connector, take a pic

Back