Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

  1. #1
    Suffers from PBSD


    Blanca BusaLess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    21,017
    Images
    2

    Thumbs up Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Condensed version:

    GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING REMOVAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

    TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
    • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
    • ONE SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
    • ONE TOOL WITH A POINT TO BE USED TO DEPRESS CENTER OF PUSH PINS


    Each video is separate and the bike is complete upon starting both.

    I decided to have it complete and together and show how to take each panel off from step one.

    This will make removing one without the other easier for you if you are only servicing a particular side.

    You may notice I have belly pan off bike.

    This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier.
    Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to

    It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.

    This is a video of how to remove the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

    To take off right side panel you only need to remove the first 13 fasteners.
    Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    This is a video of how to remove the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

    To take off left side panel you only need to take off the first 13 fasteners.

    Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING INSTALLATION TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

    TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
    • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
    • A LOT OF PATIENCE


    This is a video of how to install the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install right side panel.

    You may notice I have belly pan off bike.

    This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier.

    Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to
    It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.
    (A small note on this. I got stuck a bit as you will see on this side. There was about 1-2 mins extra where I had to 'work' it a bit not normal but it happens.)

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    This is a video of how to install the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install left side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    I recommend you review pictures below.

    They detail areas you need to pay attn to when removing and installing your fairings/cowlings.

    I have included these pics because some of the video clarity is lost upon uploading to Youtube.

    I want to thank my two beautiful assistants.

    Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes...
    Attached Images Attached Images                                    
    Last edited by Scar; 03-07-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    sanket_420 likes this.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pilot


    Scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego // Phoenix
    Posts
    14,404
    Images
    85

    Default re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Very well done, Saiid.



    Congratulations on a spectacular effort!

  3. #3
    Hayabusa Master
    Greenbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    LA, Lower Asheville, NC
    Posts
    1,931

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Congrats man, I bow to your skills and your willingness to share this with all Gen@ owners. I was a little overwhelmed when I removed mine the first time.

    Your work here is awesome.
    Never Give Up, Never Back Down, Never Lose Faith

  4. #4
    Rookie Endersgame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    100
    Images
    5

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Great job!!!
    Save it for the Track!!!

  5. #5
    Hayabusa Immortal
    Schism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,069
    Images
    5

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU! now, i can pull apart the bike with some confidence. always worried that i'll break a plastic tab or fastener.

  6. #6
    Suffers from PBSD


    Blanca BusaLess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    21,017
    Images
    2

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Just remember to lift up on sides before pulling out and you should be ok !

  7. #7
    Rookie surt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    YES Blanca! You're a hero!
    Can't tell you how much this will help installing my framesliders.
    Thanks again, couldn't have found a better guide
    Don't let it be known I'd like to die any other way.

  8. #8
    Top Gun
    Sannosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Brilliant, love the breakdown! Thanks Saiid.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject".



  9. #9
    Top Gun BusaBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    1,076

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Great how to. Thanks Saiid.
    "Spend your attention wisely
    and push the button lightly" - Code

    Al
    - 08 Blue

  10. #10
    Did you say something?
    racerV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Easley, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,814

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    I wish my garage floor looked like that

  11. #11
    New Recruit
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wilmington,nc
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    NICE
    08' busa lower 2" powder coated rear sets

  12. #12
    Seasoned Pilot Benzo_tek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    GREAT DIY!!
    i tried to take mine off. but i couldnt get the fairing loose from the nose piece. is there some sort of clips that i have to remove? Maybe i have to grow a pair and just yank the fairing off. just affraid of breaking/scratching the fairing and nose piece.

  13. #13
    Suffers from PBSD


    Blanca BusaLess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    21,017
    Images
    2

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo_tek View Post
    GREAT DIY!!
    i tried to take mine off. but i couldnt get the fairing loose from the nose piece. is there some sort of clips that i have to remove? Maybe i have to grow a pair and just yank the fairing off. just affraid of breaking/scratching the fairing and nose piece.

    On left side of bike , shifter side , when taking fairing off you have to reach your left hand up in there and separate the first couple tabs .
    Watch the video again and you will see me reach in there and click them apart.
    There will be some poppin and snappin , this is normal but if you have to put forth any more effort than it would take to lift a brick it's too much !
    Stop and don't pull or twist .
    Watch videos .
    On the right side lift it from back edge and pull it down and out .
    On left side before you can do this you have to like I said reach in there from the front and unclip the first one or two tabs .
    After this the fairing will come loose and allow you to lift it from rear edge with right hand while pulling down and out with your left .

    Watch the videos , the tricks are there .
    Send me a PM if you still can't get it .

  14. #14
    Rookie Leviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Good job there B.B. Sales in 2 part epoxy should drop suddenly due to this thread.

    I have made a link to this thread on the Australian Busa site after a member with a new Gen II was asking about oil changes.

    Thanks
    Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  15. #15
    Suffers from PBSD


    Blanca BusaLess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    21,017
    Images
    2

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Good job there B.B. Sales in 2 part epoxy should drop suddenly due to this thread.

    I have made a link to this thread on the Australian Busa site after a member with a new Gen II was asking about oil changes.

    Thanks

    No problem.
    Please send cases of fresh Fosters as form of thank you !


    Aussie Aussie Aussie !
    I could go for a good game of Aussie rules footie right now !

  16. #16
    Suffers from PBSD


    Blanca BusaLess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    21,017
    Images
    2

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    update to procedure.
    New method discovered to remove 'pin #8'

    Dont know why I never noticed it before.
    FROM ABOVE...DUH....
    As many times as I have washed the bike this was first time I realized that the most difficult to remove pushpin when taking right side fairing off is one located up and behind lower nose trim piece.
    I have been reaching around and up in there when all along it was right there as easy as can be from above !


    So this I share and will and post in Fairing Tutorials pinned in GenII section as well.

    This is old way I was doing it and showed before in GenII Fairing removal tutorials


    I was sitting down facing bike reaching up an in .






    Dont do it that way. Do it this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  17. #17
    yamanista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    austin texas
    Posts
    5
    Images
    3

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    I know this is an older post but what a good one. I used it today and it was great.
    Thanks for the great job.

  18. #18
    Seasoned Pilot Rick Ekstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port St. Lucie Florida
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    Condensed version:

    GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING REMOVAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

    TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
    • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
    • ONE SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
    • ONE TOOL WITH A POINT TO BE USED TO DEPRESS CENTER OF PUSH PINS


    Each video is separate and the bike is complete upon starting both.

    I decided to have it complete and together and show how to take each panel off from step one.

    This will make removing one without the other easier for you if you are only servicing a particular side.

    You may notice I have belly pan off bike.

    This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier.
    Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to

    It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.

    This is a video of how to remove the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

    To take off right side panel you only need to remove the first 13 fasteners.
    Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    This is a video of how to remove the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

    To take off left side panel you only need to take off the first 13 fasteners.

    Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING INSTALLATION TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

    TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
    • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
    • A LOT OF PATIENCE


    This is a video of how to install the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install right side panel.

    You may notice I have belly pan off bike.

    This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier.

    Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to
    It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.
    (A small note on this. I got stuck a bit as you will see on this side. There was about 1-2 mins extra where I had to 'work' it a bit not normal but it happens.)

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    This is a video of how to install the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

    This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

    It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install left side panel.

    PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
    DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

    STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST




    I recommend you review pictures below.

    They detail areas you need to pay attn to when removing and installing your fairings/cowlings.

    I have included these pics because some of the video clarity is lost upon uploading to Youtube.

    I want to thank my two beautiful assistants.

    Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes...
    Just completed the 600 mile service using your how to and it work out perfectly. Just want to thank you for going the extra mile for us. much appreciated.
    Rick
    Busa 2009 Gray/Silver
    Goldwing GL1800 Black
    (Best of Both Worlds)

  19. #19
    New Recruit Ksix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Excellent tutorial!!
    --motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

  20. #20
    Hayabusa Master Dozerdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

    Exellent
    2008 hayabusa, Tsukigi cannon exhaust, K&N race filter, Bazzaz FI unit, and HPC custom tuned STD 189.23 HP 110.38 TQ pump gas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Puig hugger gen2 hayabusa - Pics please
    By Claudiorf600r in forum Gen II Busa Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
  2. Hayabusa Videos
    By Billy Nero in forum General Bike Related Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •