Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Condensed version:

GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING REMOVAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
  • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
  • ONE SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
  • ONE TOOL WITH A POINT TO BE USED TO DEPRESS CENTER OF PUSH PINS

Each video is separate and the bike is complete upon starting both.

I decided to have it complete and together and show how to take each panel off from step one.

This will make removing one without the other easier for you if you are only servicing a particular side.

You may notice I have belly pan off bike.

This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...rectifier-regulator-relocate-project-how.html

It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.

This is a video of how to remove the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

To take off right side panel you only need to remove the first 13 fasteners.
Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST

This is a video of how to remove the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.

To take off left side panel you only need to take off the first 13 fasteners.

DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING INSTALLATION TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
  • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
  • A LOT OF PATIENCE

This is a video of how to install the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install right side panel.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...rectifier-regulator-relocate-project-how.html
(A small note on this. I got stuck a bit as you will see on this side. There was about 1-2 mins extra where I had to 'work' it a bit not normal but it happens.)

This is a video of how to install the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install left side panel.

I recommend you review pictures below.

They detail areas you need to pay attn to when removing and installing your fairings/cowlings.

I have included these pics because some of the video clarity is lost upon uploading to Youtube.

I want to thank my two beautiful assistants.

Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes...

FAIRING TUTORIAL.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 003.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 001.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 002.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 004.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 005.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 006.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 008.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 009.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 010.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 011.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 012.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 013.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 014.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 015.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 017.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 018.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well done, Saiid.

:beerchug:

Congratulations on a spectacular effort!

Congrats man, I bow to your skills and your willingness to share this with all Gen@ owners. I was a little overwhelmed when I removed mine the first time.

Your work here is awesome.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU! now, i can pull apart the bike with some confidence. always worried that i'll break a plastic tab or fastener. :beerchug:

YES Blanca! You're a hero!
Can't tell you how much this will help installing my framesliders.
Thanks again, couldn't have found a better guide :kissass:

GREAT DIY!! :beerchug:
i tried to take mine off. but i couldnt get the fairing loose from the nose piece. is there some sort of clips that i have to remove? Maybe i have to grow a pair and just yank the fairing off. just affraid of breaking/scratching the fairing and nose piece.

GREAT DIY!! :beerchug:
i tried to take mine off. but i couldnt get the fairing loose from the nose piece. is there some sort of clips that i have to remove? Maybe i have to grow a pair and just yank the fairing off. just affraid of breaking/scratching the fairing and nose piece.

On left side of bike , shifter side , when taking fairing off you have to reach your left hand up in there and separate the first couple tabs .
Watch the video again and you will see me reach in there and click them apart.
There will be some poppin and snappin , this is normal but if you have to put forth any more effort than it would take to lift a brick it's too much !
Stop and don't pull or twist .
Watch videos .
On the right side lift it from back edge and pull it down and out .
On left side before you can do this you have to like I said reach in there from the front and unclip the first one or two tabs .
After this the fairing will come loose and allow you to lift it from rear edge with right hand while pulling down and out with your left .

Watch the videos , the tricks are there .
Send me a PM if you still can't get it .

Good job there B.B. :thumbsup: Sales in 2 part epoxy should drop suddenly due to this thread.

I have made a link to this thread on the Australian Busa site after a member with a new Gen II was asking about oil changes.

Thanks

Good job there B.B. :thumbsup: Sales in 2 part epoxy should drop suddenly due to this thread.

I have made a link to this thread on the Australian Busa site after a member with a new Gen II was asking about oil changes.

Thanks

No problem.
Please send cases of fresh Fosters as form of thank you !
:laugh:

Aussie Aussie Aussie !
I could go for a good game of Aussie rules footie right now !

update to procedure.
New method discovered to remove 'pin #8'

Dont know why I never noticed it before.
FROM ABOVE...DUH....
As many times as I have washed the bike this was first time I realized that the most difficult to remove pushpin when taking right side fairing off is one located up and behind lower nose trim piece.
I have been reaching around and up in there when all along it was right there as easy as can be from above !
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So this I share and will and post in Fairing Tutorials pinned in GenII section as well.

This is old way I was doing it and showed before in GenII Fairing removal tutorials
FAIRINGTUTORIAL009.jpg

I was sitting down facing bike reaching up an in .
FAIRINGTUTORIAL008.jpg

Dont do it that way. Do it this way.

FAIRING PIN 004.jpg

FAIRING PIN 005.jpg

FAIRING PIN 003.jpg

I know this is an older post but what a good one. I used it today and it was great.
Thanks for the great job.:cheerleader:

Condensed version:

GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING REMOVAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
  • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
  • ONE SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
  • ONE TOOL WITH A POINT TO BE USED TO DEPRESS CENTER OF PUSH PINS

Each video is separate and the bike is complete upon starting both.

I decided to have it complete and together and show how to take each panel off from step one.

This will make removing one without the other easier for you if you are only servicing a particular side.

This is a video of how to remove the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

To take off right side panel you only need to remove the first 13 fasteners.

This is a video of how to remove the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

To take off left side panel you only need to take off the first 13 fasteners.

GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING INSTALLATION TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
  • ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
  • A LOT OF PATIENCE

This is a video of how to install the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install right side panel.

(A small note on this. I got stuck a bit as you will see on this side. There was about 1-2 mins extra where I had to 'work' it a bit not normal but it happens.)

This is a video of how to install the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.

It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to install left side panel.

I recommend you review pictures below.

They detail areas you need to pay attn to when removing and installing your fairings/cowlings.

I have included these pics because some of the video clarity is lost upon uploading to Youtube.

I want to thank my two beautiful assistants.

Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes...

Just completed the 600 mile service using your how to and it work out perfectly. Just want to thank you for going the extra mile for us. much appreciated.
Rick

Back