You guys might hate the new BMW.

Why are we comparing a Hypersport (GT) Bike against a BMW1000? That's like comparing a Concour 14 to a Hayabusa or a Kawasaki ZX14 to a GSXR1000.

If I wanted a 430lb bike with 190hp I would have bought a 1000 not a Busa. The Busa is like a well built woman with 36D 24, 36 dimensions and the BMW 1000 is like a skinny bone model with a chest like a 9 year old boy.

The Busa is like a well built woman with 36D 24, 36 dimensions and the BMW 1000 is like a skinny bone model with a chest like a 9 year old boy.

That's more like 36D, 34, 36 dimensions. The skinny bone model with no chest also carries an AK-47.

Why are we comparing a Hypersport (GT) Bike against a BMW1000? That's like comparing a Concour 14 to a Hayabusa or a Kawasaki ZX14 to a GSXR1000.

If I wanted a 430lb bike with 190hp I would have bought a 1000 not a Busa. The Busa is like a well built woman with 36D 24, 36 dimensions and the BMW 1000 is like a skinny bone model with a chest like a 9 year old boy.

Very true :thumbsup:

The Busa is like a well built woman with 36D 24, 36 dimensions and the BMW 1000 is like a skinny bone model with a chest like a 9 year old boy.

That's more like 36D, 34, 36 dimensions. The skinny bone model with no chest also carries an AK-47.

:laugh:

Maybe it would give a busa a run for 1.2 km but not a mile top speed is 183 tested by mcn on the bmw. Not that I am giving this video any credibility I am not it was shot at night what was the rider weight,ability,ect.ect.? Usual youtube bs.

Last edited:
Youtube is always reliable......:rofl:.........the bike is abeast though id love to own one...not at the cost of my Busa though...

I think this shows two bikes running past someone on the side of the road. It raises more questions than showing anything. what kind of start did they do, rider ability and so on. can't even tell what kind of bikes they truly are. Don't get me wrong the BMW is one fast bike and I have room next to the busa in the garage for one.

I'll wait to see how it does in some competitions. If BMW does some factory backing they might make a good go at it. If they don't factory back well then that tells you the level of confidence they have. :whistle:

There is one here in my area, I saw it on Sunday. Good looking bike, but really bad paint color scheme.

Someone get that video to the BMW dealer..."Was given to test ride for a day".....:whistle:

No the BMW is owned by a member from Gixxer.com named Nigel! The BMW has aa full Akrapovic exhaust on it too!
A 38 plus page long thread of the BMW and why its better then hte rest of the liter bikes etc.
Flame on! 179HP BMW vs 162 09 1k : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

Here is more parts of the thread......

Flame on! 179HP BMW vs 162 09 1k - Page 35 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

Pics. of his BMW and Exhaust!

Flame on! 179HP BMW vs 162 09 1k - Page 33 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
Flame on! 179HP BMW vs 162 09 1k - Page 34 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

- BMW S1000RR Full short Akra sound - Nigel.MPG[/url]

He his from South Africa!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our local tuners put the new beamer on his dyno last week. An honest 186.2 HP.

It's no slouch but no one knows how it performs yet. I think we will see one or more on the local race circuit soon? We'll see how they function in the real world. Until this bike proves itself, I'm not willing to put it at the top of the heap.

The BMW may be a great bike, but I want to see each rider/skills and preferably in daylight as well... maybe a camera at the starting line also :rulez:

Back