Whats the best oil weight for the Busa?

The manual has a chart something like "10-30 to 20-50" but i've heard that it might improve the performance a bit if you go a bit lower "10-30" i use 15-50 Mobil 1 synthetic but my mechanic Motul and he is recomending it,,, but im not sure about it

:bowdown:

Mobil_1_Racing_4T_10W40_Motor_Oil_detail.jpg

I think it is 10/50 if you are in a hot climate and 40 is you are in a cold climate. I am on 10/50 here in Florida.

keep good oil in it, keep it full and forget about it..

Oil weight is going to have such a low impact on the performance of the bike you would be really lucky to even be able to measure it.. keeping the correct amount of air in your tires is more important than oil weight.. :)

The exception:
cold starts... in cold conditions (say <30 degrees) a 20wt or higher oil is going to make the starter strain its milk a bit.. a 10wt or even 0wt oil are easier on the cold start and lubrication of a motor.. Now why you would want to ride in these temps is beyond me but I am old....

I am using Mobil 4T 10w 40 synthetic did the oil change yesterday, this oil has a similar color to car oil. My last 2 oil change I used 10w 40 4t synthetic from a different brand, that oil was a different color it was red bike was leaking oil figured I didn't do something right in the rebuild after the accident, and just got use to watching my bike bleed when ever i put it on the kickstand, Not sure why but the leak stopped since the last oil change, so I got me a new brand of oil I am using probably dumb luck or I don't know what. Not sure why the same type of oil 10w 40 4T would be different colors from another :dunno: anyone ???

Last edited:
All I've ever used was the 10W-40 Zuki. It might vary depending on where you live.

just put: Castrol R4 5w-40 as a winter oil, i read yr round. will prolly change to a 10w-40 in the spring....prolly Mobil 1 MXT4

its pretty hot over here, winter is 20-25c, i would love to get the new mobil 1 10w40 but we dont have it over here,,,, i'll give Motul 10w40 a try :beerchug:

Back