Tail Light install??

Are you planning on removing the side pods where the factory signals are? If not you can install the new light assembly without the resistors. The only time you will need them is if you change the factory turns to LED bulbs.

Only way is to take off tail. Pretty simple. Just keep track of bolt placement but I don't think they can get confused.
4 pushpins behine drivers seat. Frankenstein bolts and two more fairing screws by the drivers seat. All screws under your hump. And 4-6 pushpins on under tray. Remover and disconnect turn signals. Then should come off. Then 2 brackets hold in the tailight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good luck with it, and remove the rear seat latch instead of just releasing the cable. Trust me.............

Good luck with it, and remove the rear seat latch instead of just releasing the cable. Trust me.............

I releases the cable from the lock side. Wasn't bad to put back on. Can you pull the whole mechanism thought the subframe from between the undertray?
Posted via Mobile Device

did you get the chrome or black? i like the black personally.

Thanks all for the help, Racer i got the chrome one and i have it in i just need to splice into the hot side of each turn single to make it all work and i will be done. Thanks again for all the help, Doug

Im new at this but Im tryint to do the same thing and trying to install the same tail light. Does anyone have pics with step by step instruction. I managed to take the stock tail light off last night but it took me 2 hours. I dont think it should have taken that long. Is the whole undertail piece suppose to come off thru the bottom. pls help.
thanks

put some pics up once you have the light installed, its really not too hard just a lot of writeup pm me if your still having trouble. Im looking for a new light and saw this same one

Back