Spiegler LSL handlebar kit , Question

iride

Registered
I got the gold bars to, How do you guys that have the LSL bars install your bar ends? I would like to get a throttle master but with the aluminum bars I am not sure if they make one to fit?
I will put pictures up soon, I promise
LSL Handlebar kit
Suzuki sport touring shield
Power commander V
Speedohealer, stock speedo was off 8%
45 tooth gold super sprocket
Suzuki Hayabusa gel seat
Mike

OK here is a picture of the handlebars,,,
VacationAug09130.jpg

These are the ones i took off, Is there a market for them. 150,00 shiped in the USA
VacationAug09124.jpg

Oh, and my gel seat, its ok but not the best.
VacationAug09128.jpg

Nice job and thanks for the pics.

Did you have to trim the windscreen? Are there any clearance issues?

Can you give an approximation of how much higher and farther back the new grip position is compared to stock?

Does the kit come with new brake lines, etc?

Would appreciate any info.

I have the Suzuki Sport Touring screen, and I did not have to trim it..
The screen does hit the handlebar switches on both sides but it is at full lock.
I will see if I can get some pictures of it..
I will also see if I can get a side picture of how far up I am sitting,
I am still leaned over to the handle bars, Kind of reminds me of my Concours.
Have not got to ride it yet, I noticed last night I have a fork seal that is leaking real bad, May go out for a test ride anyway, just have to see what the mood hits me,,,
Mike
Nice job and thanks for the pics.

Did you have to trim the windscreen? Are there any clearance issues?

Can you give an approximation of how much higher and farther back the new grip position is compared to stock?

Does the kit come with new brake lines, etc?

Would appreciate any info.

KOTH,lmk if you have any questions or if interested in purchasing this setup we can offer different color options that aren't factory..

I have the Suzuki Sport Touring screen, and I did not have to trim it..
The screen does hit the handlebar switches on both sides but it is at full lock.
I will see if I can get some pictures of it..
I will also see if I can get a side picture of how far up I am sitting,
I am still leaned over to the handle bars, Kind of reminds me of my Concours.
Have not got to ride it yet, I noticed last night I have a fork seal that is leaking real bad, May go out for a test ride anyway, just have to see what the mood hits me,,,
Mike

Bump

Iride

Did you ever take the pictures?
I am interested in the same setup!
Also can you also take picture of the gel seat and stock seat and let me know if there are actual contour difference? thanks!:cheerleader:

oops I forgot all about it, I bought me a CR 500 that is eating away at all my spare time,:laugh: Not real sure on the seat thing, as the bike came with the Suzuki gel seat,I am 100% sure money would be better spant on a Corbin or a Sargent seat. If I had to do it over I would NOT get the Handlebars from LSL, because the ID or the hole at the end is a weird 14mm Can not get anything to fit on the end of the bars like bar end weights or throttle locks,,,
Mike

Bump

Iride

Did you ever take the pictures?
I am interested in the same setup!
Also can you also take picture of the gel seat and stock seat and let me know if there are actual contour difference? thanks!:cheerleader:

oops I forgot all about it, I bought me a CR 500 that is eating away at all my spare time,:laugh: Not real sure on the seat thing, as the bike came with the Suzuki gel seat,I am 100% sure money would be better spant on a Corbin or a Sargent seat. If I had to do it over I would NOT get the Handlebars from LSL, because the ID or the hole at the end is a weird 14mm Can not get anything to fit on the end of the bars like bar end weights or throttle locks,,,
Mike

are you considering selling your LSL? ???

Mike

If you knew anyone that had acces to a lathe, you could fab an "expanding collet" that you could insert into your hollow bars and still allow you to use your old barends or any bolt-on barends you wanted. I tried looking for something specific to your application but the closest pic I can find is here and another is here although these do not depict exactly what you would need, you can get an idea of the concept.

The above are a little overkill and more complicated than what you need, since they are designed for repetitive use...you want more of a "set-it and forget-it" type and that would be easy.

From looking at it, it looks easy enough that I could knock a set of these out in a couple hours but you might be able to find a local guy to do them for you. Or you might be able to check with LSL...they have to have had this come up with previous customers...they may have something already. One-off fab work is always more expensive if you can find an off the shelf solution.

Last edited:
Back