Phase I complete....pics for you guys & gals

Takeuon

Registered
So after nearly 5 months as a member here, I wanted to properly introduce you to "Ripley"
My overall goal is to lighten her up and take some weight off. All the while doing it to give her a unique appearance.
Phase I consists of Carrozzeria V Star Forged Aluminum wheels in Titanium Grey (similar to Anthracite). These saved nearly 12lbs of unsprung weight & utilizes their rear brake rotor. Gilles chain adjuster w/ GP lifters, 45T Vortex Cat-5 rear sprocket, and some subtle cosmetic accents.

The funny thing about my new wheels was while they were being shipped and then installed.....as outlawbusa posted his very popular and still going...."Who hates gold wheels" post :laugh: I monitored it quite closely & am still fascinated by the responses. That being said....it's not that i don't like the gold wheels and accents. I could have easily have gone w/ Carrozzeria's beautiful gold they offer. It is more that I wanted something....different. And I believe this color is just that. It flows very well w/ the silver accents already on the bike from Suzuki.
So.... Sannosuke, WarBirdIII, Test_Eng, Got-Busa, kdogg, theskaz, DJXTtrodinaire, flombo13, and all my other Black/Blue Busa Brethren....don't hate on me. I still got love for the Gold :thumbsup:

The weight savings from the wheels made an immediate impact. Much more then I would have guessed from such a minor weight reduction. She turns in much easier and quicker. Plus I've found her to hold her line better and I feel more "in touch" w/ the bike.
Phase II will consist of a full exhaust system. Still undecided on that one, but I can't wait to free up the rear end & cut loose the giant pontoons. And a complete brake upgrade. To begin end of this year.
My stock gold wheels are for sale here if you are interested. 2008 OEM Stock Gold Wheels for GenII - Hayabusa Classifieds

Thank you's to: Daniel @ Cloud Nine Motorsports for the wheel order and his continued customer satisfaction.
And to Rob at Tapeworks.com His shop is only 30 minutes from me. His business is family owned & operated and an overall great guy to work with.

Anyways.....

Hope you all like

3874721901_6844f1ba3d_b.jpg

3875507524_41fe820d86_b.jpg

3874723919_9fb209d027_b.jpg

Mounted-Rear Brake Side
3868053015_745dd068be_o.jpg

Gilles chain adjuster & Vortex sprocket
3868054739_a192e9b6c7_o.jpg

3868834622_3b524507e1_o.jpg

Mounted-Front
3868052143_557f4c96f6_o.jpg

New Black Kanji
3868834076_5039049d08_o.jpg

Very sweet~!~ I always dig a different approach, and gives you the feeling of having something more unique.

Much lighter and looks good~!~

Very nicely done:beerchug::thumbsup:
Thanks for the pic's, that color would work well on my Gray/silver as well.
Bubba

I gotta look into tapeworks myself.

DId you install the new Kanji?

No...the owner of Tapeworks did it for me at his shop. He can ship them directly to you though. The install appeared to be quite easy. Thanks for the props Zack!

Very sweet~!~ I always dig a different approach, and gives you the feeling of having something more unique.
Much lighter and looks good~!~

Much appreciated

Very nicely done:beerchug::thumbsup:
Thanks for the pic's, that color would work well on my Gray/silver as well.
Bubba

Thanks Bubba. I believe they would :thumbsup:

OK, which part of the Kanji and hayabusa there are the tapeworks?

I am really wanting this now,

I love the color of gray on the Kanji

Looks GREAT Brian, Glad I got the preview of seeing them before the post..

Looks great!!!! How much for just the kanji from tapeworks? I've been looking into doing this but just haven't got around to calling them yet.

Beautiful bike Brian. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Colors work very well together and IMO is nicer than the gold wheels and Kanji of the stock Blue/Black.
The Gillies chain adjusters and lift work well with the bike.
Just my opinion, but losing the stickers on the frame would enhance the appearance at no cost, just some elbow grease (and goo gone).
I know you will like the full exhaust replacement. Drops a good amount of weight.
I really really want to do my wheels also, just not sure which ones and color. Did you find that the investment in the wheels worth the performance improvements?

Thanks for sharing and safe riding.:beerchug:

Rumble.

Looks GREAT Brian, Glad I got the preview of seeing them before the post..

Thanks Jon...I really enjoy riding w/ you & your bro! Looking forward to the Bash:thumbsup:

Looks great!!!! How much for just the kanji from tapeworks? I've been looking into doing this but just haven't got around to calling them yet.

Unsure fiend. Rob kinda did a "package deal" for me. As I forgot to post this pic of some other work he did....Call him, mention you saw my post on here. He will take of you.

3859222509_94cc5bb555_o.jpg

The funny thing about my new wheels was while they were being shipped and then installed.....as outlawbusa posted his very popular and still going...."Who hates gold wheels" post :laugh: I monitored it quite closely & am still fascinated by the responses. That being said....it's not that i don't like the gold wheels and accents. I could have easily have gone w/ Carrozzeria's beautiful gold they offer. It is more that I wanted something....different. And I believe this color is just that. It flows very well w/ the silver accents already on the bike from Suzuki.
So.... Sannosuke, WarBirdIII, Test_Eng, Got-Busa, kdogg, theskaz, DJXTtrodinaire, flombo13, and all my other Black/Blue Busa Brethren....don't hate on me. I still got love for the Gold :thumbsup:

Don't worry about us bud. Do what you like and what makes you happy! :beerchug:

I think it looks great BTW.... :thumbsup:

P.S....get a Brock's exhaust quick, the reduced weight alone you will love... :poke:

Beautiful bike Brian. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Colors work very well together and IMO is nicer than the gold wheels and Kanji of the stock Blue/Black.
The Gillies chain adjusters and lift work well with the bike.
Just my opinion, but losing the stickers on the frame would enhance the appearance at no cost, just some elbow grease (and goo gone).
I know you will like the full exhaust replacement. Drops a good amount of weight.
I really really want to do my wheels also, just not sure which ones and color. Did you find that the investment in the wheels worth the performance improvements?

Thanks for sharing and safe riding.:beerchug:

Rumble.

Thanks for the props Rumble. Your bike was a definite inspiration.

The wheels are a chunk of change that's for sure. Of course they were going to be lighter. A plus. And look good. Another plus :laugh:
But to be honest I thought the look good part would be the biggest difference. And while it is....I am very happy w/ the difference in feeling, from the stock wheels to these! As I mentioned, the loss of unsrung weight was very noticeable. Took me the better part of a morning ride to get used to it.
The bike turns in quicker & faster. And holds a line w/ more confidence. Anywho...that's been my experience so far.

Looks great, my Wife (MyRulz) has a set of Carrozzeria wheels on here 600RR.
I am not a big fan of gold so it really looks great to me. :beerchug:

Back