BMC, K&N or Pipercross air filter?

I running the Piper Cross Race, I think it's the better filter. But like everything else, everybody has their favorite.:thumbsup:

How safe is the Piper Cross Race for street use? Am concerned about engine longevity & worry about the decreased filtration compared to the none Race version.

I driving with Pipercross race filter and PC3usb in a half year now. I dont have had any problem with it and i think it gonna be like that. The only thing is when you put it in the airbox that it really laying right in the track. Another problem can be when you should clean it. Course it is a foam-filter with a rubberframe.

Good luck and hope that this help you little to decide.

Last edited:
Am down to the above 3, recommendations much appreciated? :thumbsup:

Everyone has their favorites.

Pipercross and K&N solve the same problem with two different approaches. Paper vs. Foam. Running a race filter for general day to day street use has also always been a debatable topic. Some say don't do it (simple logic), others say it's okay and boosts air flow to motor. :thumbsup:

Buy Now: K&N Air Filter Suzuki Hayabusa - High Flow Filters | Pashnit Moto

Buy Now: Pipercross Piper Cross Motorcycle Air Filters | Pashnit Moto

Go with the BMC RACE. The K&N street flows less than the OEM.

Last edited:
I have the Piper Cross race filter myself and think that it is great . Just keep it clean and you won't be disappointed.

I have the Piper Cross race filter myself and think that it is great . Just keep it clean and you won't be disappointed.
The Pipercross is a good filter too, we just had a few that fit was an issue which created extra work on our part and upset a few customers so we dropped the line.

Haven't seen any flow test on the Gen II, but the factory filter was the way to go for street riding on the Gen I. Air flow might not be the only thing you're looking at...

Haven't seen any flow test on the Gen II, but the factory filter was the way to go for street riding on the Gen I. Air flow might not be the only thing you're looking at...
Its really simple test....put in stock filter make a few dyno pulls hypathetically your AFR is 13.2, put in K&N street filter AFR fattens up to 13.0... obvious reduction in air flow...

based on the information I posted in your other thread about velocity stacks, I'm not going to put an aftermarket filter in my bike.
I'm only riding on the street, so I have 0 need for it.
Unless the cumulated information I've found turns out to be wrong.. then oh well.
But if the K&N flows less than the OEM, and the OEM is specifically designed for the stock motor, for road use.. I don't see a point in switching to anything else.
Race filters are for race use.. and if you're not racing, then they aren't for you.
Right?

IDK.. seems pointless to me
but if you get one, and put it in, and you feel like it makes things better, as long as you feel the price you paid was worth it, do it. Even if there are 0 real world gains.
Placebo effect can make miracles happen! lol

just my $.02 man, not trying to win any battles here

Just for info K & N make two filters one is for strret and the other is for race...one is orange and the other is black. Both are suppose to flow better than stock but the race flows even better accoprding to K & N..

who needs filters?

only kidding, i have 26k on my stock and its still spotless

Back