VooDoo Exhaust??

Shrews

Registered
Does any one have the Voodoo Shortys on the 08 busa. I am thinking of geting them but would like some first hand info on them. Like do you have to have a PC or will the just work with a stock bike. Do they get to hot and melt the plastic. Do they sound good. Any problems any one might have had. But most of all is there any modding needed like a PC or what not, Can they run on a stock bike and not hurt it at all. I dont mind power loss just dont want to hurt the bike any. I was thinking of geting R-77 slip ons but have been told there quite. Thanks

Don't have them but for me, I think they'd be to loud. I don't think you'll have to modify anything because you'll still have the converter . We put Jardine's on my son's 1000 and didn't remap it. It seems to run fine. The dyno guy said it was down on power but I think he wanted to sell a power commander. If you like the noise, go for it.

I have them........I LOVE them. They do not get too hot and they will not melt the plastics. Everybody who hears my bike loves the way they sound. They are loud......but not crazy loud. They have a deep rumble sound. I cut some off the pipes where they attach so they don't stick out so much. I do want to switch to a full system for the power gains........I just haven't yet because I like these so much. I do have a power commander but I've heard they run just fine without one.

R-77 Slip Ons over Voodoo any day! :thumbsup: Yes they are not going to be as loud. I wouldn't say they are quiet, but more tempered in their sound.
Quality wise....not even a comparison IMO. Really depends what your looking for.

I have them on my 08 and they sound great. Everyone compliments me on the sound. They are loud. I had to wear ear plugs because they were too loud for me. I ended up ordering the speakeasy adjustable baffle for them and that did the trick. They have a cool rumble sound. I had the R-77 slip ons and I like these better. I am not running a PC but I do have one. I just haven't felt the need to install it.

I have them on my 08 and runs like a raped ape nothing melts and i installed speak easy inside to tone them down alittle and didn't have to re-map it at all i love them and so do the other people that i ride with :beerchug:

001.jpg

i have them on my 09 and like everyone says they sound great. get alot of compliments on them. You don't have to mod anything i did get a pc for mine to fine tune the performance and did the pair mod to stop the back firing on declaration but once you get them youll love them

busa left side.jpg

busa in driveway.jpg

busa in driveway 2.jpg

Having ridden with guys who have them, I must say they are horrendously and offensively loud. If these guys weren't my friends, I would feel compelled to bash their faces in, every time they fired up.

Back