GEN 2 Fuse access (pics)

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
For anyone that has not removed the plastic to gain access to fuses or the inner fairing, here is a how to with pics.

The first pins are on the left and right sides. A small flat blade screw driver or pocket knife is needed to lift the center pin up. Unlike Suzuki's other push pins that require you to press in the center to release them.
There is one small bolt located in the center in front of the ignition switch, I think it requires a 4mm allen. I never put it back in, did not need it.

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Last edited:
remove these two push pins next, press in the center to release them, then pull them out.

Now it gets tricky, carefully pull on the sides of this plastic panel until it releases from the middle. It snaps into the dash in the middle. Don't try to pull from one side only. Alternate sides, pull on it a little on each end until it releases. Yellow arrows point at pin locations.

IMG_1049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
here are the two pins. 4 total for this piece.

IMG_1050.jpg

Last edited:
Remove the left side panel to access fuses.
There is one small Philips screw and a 4mm allen bolt.
All this to get to a fuse :cussing:

IMG_1041.jpg

Finally you can see the fuses.
You can probably do this with the factory tool kit. I would add a small screw driver (flat blade) and make sure you have 4mm 5mm and 6mm allen wrenches, your seat uses a 6mm.
The two bottom fuses are spares, a couple extras in the tool kit is a good idea.

IMG_1037.jpg

Talk about timing - I am wiring the power for my GPS today thanks much!

Back