1507 Stroker kit

4U2BNVS

Registered
Has anybody heard anything good or bad on the APE 1507 kit. I am currently running a 1397 big bore and wanted to bump the cc's up. Any info is good info.

If I were to do a stroker motor I would use an APE crank for sure. Most strokers have alot of problems with them eating bearings but I have yet to hear about an APE crank doing this.

What kind of hp do they put out? Trying to decide myself whether to go turbo or big bore. Trying to get around 250hp.

(stlbusarider @ Sep. 24 2007,14:08) What kind of hp do they put out?   Trying to decide myself whether to go turbo or big bore.  Trying to get around 250hp.
Go turbu,, without spending huge dollars you will not 250 on motor!

(frisbee @ Sep. 24 2007,18:26) Go 1397 and NOS!
I would like never ending power not power with a light-speed button.
bowdown.gif

For some reason, I remember hearing that the 1507 kits overheat pretty easily. Might want to do some more research if you plan on putting this on the street.

(stlbusarider @ Sep. 24 2007,14:08) What kind of hp do they put out?   Trying to decide myself whether to go turbo or big bore.  Trying to get around 250hp.
Go turbo if you want that kind of power. For the kind of money you would spend trying to make 250hp on motor you could make 600+hp with a turbo.

a turbo will be better suited and more reliable for what you want it to do.

a stroker motor will not live on the street. hell they barely live at the track.

strokers do live on the streets. 1507 and even bigger no problem. They just need to be built right.

To get to the 250hp mark takes alot of time and $$$ on a n.a. engine.

If your goal is the 250 then you really should consider a turbo.

(Commuta_Busa @ Sep. 25 2007,23:26) strokers do live on the streets. 1507 and even bigger no problem. They just need to be built right.

To get to the 250hp mark takes alot of time and $$$ on a n.a. engine.

If your goal is the 250 then you really should consider a turbo.
Damn near anything is good if its built right, but its not easy getting it there... You got to have the right expertise on hand to get these suckers running right whether its turbo, big bore, or whatever...

Performance means Dollars and time... Don't expect anything less than a bunch of headaches and only through persistence may you get it working...
biggrin.gif

Took me 3 years to get my turbo bike running right... It wasn't easy...
sad.gif

Ape or Falcion make great stroker kits. If you plan on going to the twisties, stay away from turbos!

Bumping the motor up to maintain the sleeper setup. I street race occasionally, from dead starts and roll ons. I don't like the idea of nitrous, seen to many melted motors. Turbo on the other hand I have heard good power results but I have also heard of many headaches. All of your help is appreciated.

you'll never get a race for cash if you've got a turbo...
one puff of smoke and they'll know you're spraying...
all motor is the only thing you'll be able to get any races with...

honestly I didn't think anyone was really still street racing much. Grudge matches tend to be setled at the track and include a bit of cash

on the streets you're only gonna get squids.... for those kind of races all you need is a little juice to shut 'em up.

nitrous melt downs only occur when people get greddy or haven't done there home work. a 40 dry shot is very safe any day, all day long or until you run out of juice...lol

(blk02ws6 @ Sep. 25 2007,12:32) a stroker motor will not live on the street. hell they barely live at the track.
You should have told Suzuki.... They are just about to release their own stroker busa, any day.

Jay

Strokers work well on the street/track,when built right..I know of a few that have almost as many miles as some normal streetbikes...Honestly if you want 250hp buy a turbo if your pockets can't stand the stroker build funds($5-10k depending on what ya want)...Most folks can install a good 1397 and not ever use all the power there,so why waste money trying to get more hp???

Back