Engine upgrades while doing tranny rebuild

SKILLZ

Registered
Ok guys, I finally got around to dropping my motor yesterday and I am going to do the tranny rebuild(2nd gear@3500 mi). I am looking for ideas on upgrades while it is down. I know im going to raise the compression and do the ex. cam and port the head. Should I go with the short velocity stacks on all four? I am planning on making around 200 the rear. I am curious about the clutch? Do I need heavier springs, or different clutches? I should have the motor torn down this evening and I need to know what to do on the trans. I want to have the new pieces back cut, and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a stock vs. a backcut gear?? If so can you post? If you guys have any other ideas I will be glad to hear them. Thanks!

list of mods im going to do:

pair valve removal
port head
raise compression
exhaust cam changed to intake cam
full exhaust
muzzy fan

Good luck, sounds like you'll have a nice sleeper on your hands.
super.gif

You might want to speak with moutainmotor. He does some similar work and might have some good thoughts.

How do you plan on 200 RWP with just the exhaust cam swap, "some" porting and are you shaving off surfaces to gain compression or putting in HC piston and new rings? Just curious what your palns were? Have you had the bike DYNO'd prior and are you running exhaust, Pair mods. PC3 etc...

Back